Chapter 1

Grace.

It's February 9th. I'm back home from school after a long day learning how to control my powers. My sister Hope told me it would get easier, but now I'm completely lost. When I was 5, my parents decided to give me the bracelet Hope used when she was younger so I couldn't use my magic and I couldn't hurt anyone.

Hope is the first born, she has a devastating amount of power, I don't even know how she can control it. I don't have that incredibly much power, but it still hurts me to not be able to use it and contain it in my body.

My dad did not want me to start practicing yet, but with my sister and my mom's help he finally understood that I needed to learn about it. My mum Cami and my aunt Hayley are scared because my dad, the "original immortal hybrid" made lots of enemies during 1000 years before my sister was born so they're scared those enemies are coming back to hurt us again. One of them already tried to hurt my sister when she was 7, I was only 5 and my parents decided to give me the bracelet then. The hollow almost stole my sister's body, but our aunties Freya and Davina saved her and put the hollow in a man named Mikael and then he died with the hollow inside him.

He was supposed to be my grand father, I don't remember him and my dad never talks about him. Any time I ask about him, my uncle Kol laughs and tells me not to ask my dad about him because he's sad.

- Hi sweetie! how was school today? - my mum asked while she was cooking

- Hello mommy it was good but I'm so tired of the location spells. Why would I wanna know where a random werewolf is while I'm at school? I want to make bigger spells like Hope does.

- You are still learning how to control your powers my little Grace, you have to start with simple spells and then you will learn more interesting ones. Remember what your aunt Freya told you, magic is not a game. You can hurt people and even yourself with it. I don't want you to get hurt my little girl. You already know what would happen if you kill some innocent person...

My mum was always so worried about that, I have my dad's werewolf gene. I'm not sure if I want to be a werewolf because my sister told me that the first transition feels like dying. Hayley loves being a werewolf, so does my sister, but I don't know how it would be for me. It really scares me.

- I know mum, you're right. That's why I'm learning slowly. But my patience is kinda inexistent now. By the way, where's dad?

- Oh he went to Kol and Davina's house because Marcel got mad at him again and he's trying to convince Davina to talk with him so he can forgive your dad.

- What did he do now? I thought they were good after that fight they had last week.

- I don't even know sweetie, you know your dad and your brother are always fighting no matter what.

- Yeah but he still loves Marcel like he loves Hope and me, right mum?

- Of course he does. But you know your dad doesn't show his emotions to anyone just you, Hope and me.

I smiled, my dad used to be the scariest person in this world, but when my sister was born he completely changed. My mum, my aunt Hayley and Hope were the ones who saved him from the darkness. He never talks about that, but my mom told me some old stories. I love my parents, they got married when I was 3 and Hope was 5. I don't remember a lot of that day but my aunt Rebekah is always reminding me the moment my dad started crying while my mum was walking to the altar. She says she had never seen my dad crying of happiness and being so in love with someone.

- Oh Grace is back! How was this newbie witch's day? - My uncle Vincent came to the kitchen and he hugged me.

- Hii Vinc! good, still with the location spells so I'm kinda bored.

- You will do a lot of that, it's always necessary! specially when your father randomly disappears in the middle of the night

We started laughing and Vincent asked my mum if she needed help with the recipe. Then I realized what she was cooking.

- OMG MUM! Why you didn't tell me you were baking them?? you know Hope and I love beignets more than anything!!

- Someone said beignets? - My sister appeared as soon as she smelled them.

Our dad use to eat them with us when we were kids, so my mum learned how to bake them and now she makes them whenever we want!

- Hi miracle child! how was your day at school? - my mum asked her

- Cami you don't have to call me that all the time - she said, but I know she loves my mum so much and she loves when she calls her like that. My mum raised my sister and she's her step mom now that my parents are married - It was good, I've been studying some new dark magic spells with Josie and Lizzie.

- I'm not gonna tell your dad about it, you know how mad he gets when you use dark magic- my mum said

- I don't really care, he's just scared because he knows I could kick his ass if I wanted to - Hope said, then she sat next to me and we started talking about those dark magic spells and she promised me to teach me some of them when my mum was distracted talking to Vincent.

We ate the beignets while we were talking about Kol and Davina. We miss them so much, they moved to New York when they got married and they barely come to New Orleans. Our uncle Kol always calls my sister and me once a week. The last thing he told us was that they were trying to find a spell so he could be able to have kids. Hope and I got so excited and promised to help them, we could have another cousin!!

I asked Vincent how their son Nik was. He was a baby, he was born 2 years ago and he was so beautiful. I love him. Hope and I usually take care of him when aunties Freya and Keelin have things to do and Vincent comes home with us.

- He's fine, I think he's with Freya playing some games. You guys want to come home with me so you can play with them? - Vincent said

- Of course we want! - Hope and I said at the same time

- Well let's go. You wanna come Cami?- Vincent asked

- No guys I'll be waiting for Klaus here, I'm kinda worried of him and his fight with Marcel - My mum answered.

- Don't worry mum he will be fine, you know they're always like that. I love you mummy we'll come back before dinner!

We walked through New Orleans and we got to my auntie's house. Vincent was living with them too, but lately he's been meeting a beautiful girl named Ivy, I think he's falling in love with her.

When we got inside the house, I saw my aunt Freya crying while talking in the phone with someone. We ran to her. She saw us.

-Bye love, come back soon please! - she left the phone on the table and started crying even more.

- What's going on Freya? Are you okay? - Vincent asked really worried.

I was completely scared, I've never seen my aunt Freya crying like that.

- He's not here, Vincent - Freya said as soon as she could talk.

- What do you mean? - Vincent was getting nervous.

- Nik. He disappeared - She said.

And we all lost control after that.