His Secret

"Have you heard about Kise Ryouta?"

"What?"

"That he is dating someone now?"

"Oh, yes! I've heard about that!"

A male with light blue hair walked along the street, passing by the two women. When he heard the familiar name, he stopped his track for a few seconds before he continued walking to his destination.

(- - - - - - - - - -)

It didn't take him long to arrive at his destination — the bookstore. The male immediately entered the store and made his way to his favorite section. On his way, while passing the Newspaper & Magazine section, his walk halted when he caught a familiar face through a glance of his eyes.

It was the picture of Kise Ryouta on the cover of one of the popular magazines, with an eye-catching yet controversial headline.

The male stared at the magazine cover for a while, before turning away and heading to the literature section.

(- - - - - - - - - -)

The blue-haired male was now at the Maji Burger, sitting at his usual place by the glass windows after ordering a vanilla shake. Taking the new book he just bought earlier out of the plastic bag, he flipped the book open and began to read.

"...Kise..."

He blinked when he heard the familiar name and turned to its source, which he thought was coming from behind him.

'They're the two women I passed by on the street earlier', he said in his mind. 'It seems like they're still talking about Kise-kun.'

Thinking that it was unnecessary, he shifted his attention back to the book. Until, one of the women said something that shattered his focus again.

"O.M.G! Do you think he's dating Suzuki Keiko? They seem close lately!"

This time, he tried harder to ignore the two women and focus on his reading. However, the words on the pages he was on seemed foreign to him that he couldn't understand what he was reading.

The only words that made sense to him were those from the women, and every word that dripped from their mouth, bled his heart as his ears absorbed it.

He stilled on his seat, listening to the women. His eyes were on the book, but not once did his mind register any word from it.

It was until he had enough.

Silently, the male packed his things up before he walked out of the fast-food restaurant.

(- - - - - - - - - -)

"I'm home."

The male took his shoes off and wore his house slippers, before going into the living room. Once he was there, he immediately went for the longest sofa and sat on it. He then took the book out and began reading from where he left earlier.

Absorbed by the book, he didn't notice how a couple of hours had already passed until he glanced at the clock which was on the wall in front of him. His eyes slightly widened when he turned his head back to the clock, after reading the time clearly.

By then, sounds of door closing and a male's voice saying, "I'm home," filled the quiet room.

It was time for the other male to come home.

Closing the book after marking the page he was on, the male put the book on the table before he went to the front door. There, he was greeted with a sight of a familiar, golden-haired male who was smiling at him, looking like he was just done putting his shoes away after exchanging them for his house slippers.

"Welcome home, Kise-kun."

"Kuroko-cchi," Kise called as he wrapped his arms around the blue-haired male's waist, before leaning down and giving him a kiss on the lips.

Yes, Kise Ryouta's lover was him, Kuroko Tetsuya.

If only those women — and the rest of the world — knew about it.

It would create chaos, but Kuroko was content with having their love life in peace like this.

For now.

-Fin-