The View from His Eyes

"You may kiss the groom."

Instantly, sounds of people cheering and clapping their hands filled the air as the two grooms shared a kiss in front of them.

Few seconds later, they finally released their kiss, smiling as they looked at each other. Love and adoration for the other were clear in their eyes.

They didn't notice that among the crowd which were gathered for their wedding ceremony, there was one person who was watching them from a distance, silently.

His eyes were reflecting anguish.

(- - - - - - - - - -)

It started about a year ago, during one of their (Generation of Miracles and Kagami) usual hangouts at a restaurant. Everything was as usual — they ate, talked about what they were up to at the moment — with one exception.

One of the members had one announcement to make.

Kise looked at Kuroko, as if he was asking him whether he could say it now, which the male nodded. Smiling, Kise turned to the rest of the members.

"So guys," Kise clapped his hands once, grabbing their attention. "I have an announcement to tell you all."

"What is it?" Aomine asked, in his lazy tone while grabbing the food with his chopsticks.

There was a pause. Not really a patient person, Aomine was about to complain when...

"—Kuroko-cchi and I are going to get married!" Kise quickly announced, beaming happily.

Their general response was shock, and unfortunately there were two unlucky people whom one of them spurted his drink while the other one choked on his food — they were Kagami and Aomine respectively.

"WHAT?!"

The members began 'interrogating' the soon-to-be-married couple. They still couldn't believe the news they had just heard, and wondered whether Kuroko really had agreed to marry Kise or the latter forced him, which made Kise whine at the horrible treatment they gave him and insisted that he didn't force Kuroko at all.

While they were on that, one of the members just silently looked down at his food, freezing on his seat.

It was the first time he had his heart broken just by hearing the news.

(- - - - - - - - - -)

"Aka-chin?"

Murasakibara calling his name made Akashi snap back to reality, head instantly turning to him.

"Are you okay?" He tilted his head a bit. "You look... like you're in pain."

If anything, Akashi was a bit taken aback when Murasakibara said that. Was it too obvious of him?

Akashi let out a small smile. "Well, I'm okay. I... just need to go to the restroom for a while."

He immediately made his way out quietly, not letting Murasakibara reply to him. As soon as he was out of the hall, Akashi closed the door, leaning his back against the surface after that.

He took a breath.

What Akashi had said to Murasakibara was just an excuse. After the male said he looked like he was in pain, he somehow felt vulnerable, especially when he looked at the other's eyes.

It was as if he knew his secret.

But Akashi knew better that he didn't. Yet, with the fact that he felt vulnerable, he just had to make an excuse and go out of the hall so he could compose himself.

He took another breath.

Actually, from the start, Akashi didn't want to be there.

He never wanted to be here.

He never wanted to see the one he loved stood at the altar with the person that he would spend the rest of his life together.

But, Akashi had to.

Even if it pained him as he saw them making a vow to each other, and sealing it with a kiss.

Now that he had gone out, he'd rather stay here.

He didn't want to witness scenes that could break his heart anymore.

But, he had to.

Knowing that he still had to go back, Akashi just stayed there for a few minutes, preparing himself once again to see the one he loved with his groom and getting ready to let him go.

When he was done, he finally went back in and joined the crowd again. He looked at the couple, smiling and laughing as their friends gathered around to tease them.

He looked at him.

Be happy, Ryouta.

-Fin-