𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Oh, girl's got a pretty ass." He slurred and grazed my underwear with his fingertips. I shuddered in disgust and fear. I knew I had to do something. I couldn't just let these men fuck me. No. I needed to do something.

I felt the tip of his finger on my knickers and froze. My breath hitched and I felt drops of water falling on my nose. It had started raining.

Then my mind went blank. I heard voices. There were voices surrounding me. They were screaming and screaming. Like they were in pain. I suddenly felt suffocated. I inhaled and coughed loudly, feeling the smoke going in. I coughed violently. I felt dizzy. I felt dirty. I felt scared.

Flashes of men running around in uniform went through my mind. People screaming and bleeding flashed in my mind and I looked down, gasping when I saw a gun in my hand. The gun was covered in blood. My gaze travelled from the gun to my arms and I inhaled sharply upon seeing blood all over me. I then looked around and staggered backwards when I saw bodies on the ground. Smoke surrounded me while bodies upon bodies laid on the ground. The sight was bloody and gore.

It felt like I was in a battlefield.

"Sergeant! We need you here. Stop blacking out and fight!"

"Fight for your life!"

"Fight back!!"

I snapped out of my daze and reached towards my thigh, grabbing the gun strapped on it. Quickly taking the gun out, I pushed it firmly against the man's chest who was hugging me. Right over his heart. The man froze and his breath hitched.

"C-Cain..." He whispered shakily and Cain hummed, tugging on my underwear. Inhaling sharply, I clicked the safety off the gun and fired.

One shot.

Two shot.

Three shot.

The man holding me went limp, falling down with a thud. I turned around quickly and fired again. I kept firing until Cain fell down. I kept firing until the gun was empty. I kept firing until I couldn't. I then tossed my gun aside and got down on my knees. Looking around frantically, I found a stone that was slightly bigger than my palm. I picked it up and starting hitting him with it. Every time I hit, his blood splattered on my face, all over my dress.

I didn't stop until I accidentally hit my own fingers with the stone and hissed in pain. All the fury and anger forgotten, I quickly threw the stone away and stood up shakily. I looked down and saw myself covered in blood.

Just like I was in the battlefield.

I stared at his body. His disfigured face stared back at me. The sight was horrifying and disgusting. I felt an urge to puke. Gulping harshly, I turned my head and stared at the other guy. I couldn't see his face. And thank god for that, otherwise his face would've haunted me forever. I looked back at the disfigured face of Cain and shivered in fear. I shook with disgust and rage, but also with fear and helplessness.

Because then it registered to me. I had done that. I had killed them. I had killed two people. Again, I felt tears sliding down my cheek and wiped it away. I choked down my cries and nudged him harshly with my foot, then I bent down, searching his clothes. I found a gun and grabbed it, pulling myself back on my feet.

I squeezed the sides of my skirt as if it would comfort me. I didn't know how I felt. I had killed. Killed. Killing wasn't a simple thing like taking a stroll around for anyone. At least, not for me. I was not a gangster. I was not an officer. I was not a killer.

I was a killer.

Killer of two men.

They could have had a family. Parents, wife, children to return home to and I just killed them.

But they were assaulting me. Having a family is a responsibility on itself and if they had one, they had failed. They didn't deserve to have a family. So, it didn't count. Right? Disgusting men like them should not be given an easy death. Even if it was a quick kill, I did the right thing. Right?

I tilted my head facing the night sky and closed my eyes. I felt the rain hitting my face. As I opened my eyes and stared at the sky, I hoped the rain washed my pain and disgust away.

And then, then I ran.

With the gun in my hand.

With blood all over me and my dress.

Though I was sure it was gone by now.

Because it was raining.

It was pouring hard.

Tears falling down my face disappeared with the rainwater.

But I didn't stop running.

My feet hurt.

But I didn't stop.

I didn't.

And so I kept on running.