Chapter One

Coran's POV          6:00am          11-23-23

Opens my eyes sleepily and stares up at my wisteria colored ceiling as my alarm goes off. After a few seconds I sigh and sit up and stretch, feeling a bit more awake now.

I get up and go do my normal morning hygine routine and as I finally finish I go to my closet and ponder as to what I should wear for my first day at this new school. 'Should I just wear a hoodie and jeans since it is cold out?' I think to myself. I sigh after a few seconds of thinking and put on light blue jeans and a dark grey hoodie with black sleeves and hood that covers my white-blonde hair.

I grab my phone and check the time to see that it is already 6:40am. 'Did time really go by that fast? It didn't feel like it had been that long.' I sigh tiredly and grab my black and white checkered converses and put them on then put in one headphone and play Ceilings by Lizzy McAlpine then throw my phone into my light bluish grey messenger bag before slinging it over my shoulder and going downstairs. I go out my front door and take the key out of my back pocket and lock the front door then start walking to my bus stop as my song plays in my ear.

After a few minutes I arrive to my bus stop only to see two other people standing there aswell. One is a girl a little taller than me and looked as if she couldn't have been taller than 5'5 with shoulder length black and red split dyed hair and hazel eyes, wearing a baggy oversized slipknot t-shirt with dark washed ripped jeans. The other person was a guy who was a lot taller than the girl and the guy had short fluffy brown hair and grey eyes, he was wearing grey jeans and a white t-shirt with a grey hoodie tied around his waist.

I stood there quietly waiting for the bus to arrive until the silence was broken. "Hi! My name is Rachel. Are you new here? I have never seen you around here before." The girl now known as Rachel asked bombarding me with quite a few questions at once. I look at her a little confused and nervously as I nod and reply "It is nice to meet you Rachel. I am Coran and yes I am indeed new here."

The guy looks over at us but stays quiet as he listens as Rachel starts talking to me. After a few minutes she starts saying how I am adorable and look like a tiny baby as I look confused. Eventually Rachel stops and asks where I moved from. "I moved here from D.C." I reply quietly.

After a few minutes of talking which was actually Rachel talking while me and the guy whose name I learned is Mason were mostly just listening to her as she talked, The bus finally arrived and Mason and Rachel sat together while I sat in the seat beside theirs.

The bus ride was filled with Rachel talking the entire time and it was surprisingly nice and I felt a little calmer since my first day of this new school has been quite unexpected but in a good way. I have already grown a little fond of Rachel though it would be hard not to due to her energetic yet sweet personality. Though Mason also seem quite alright but he is a lot calmer than his girlfriend Rachel. Honestly it was a little surprising that they were dating or could even get along since their personalities are so different. Mason is calm and quiet while Rachel is loud and energetic,though I do have to admit they are cute together. Mason brings calmness to balance Rachel's chaoticness while she brings chaos and adventure to Mason's quiet life.

We eventually arrive at school and I can't help but start to feel nervous again since this is my first day ever being to a public school. I seperate from Rachel and Mason and go to the office to get my schedule. The lady was quite nice but I still was a bit nervous as I finally found my first class which was art.

I walk inside the classroom which was quite big and there were a lot of people on their phones. But soon my eyes land on Rachel and my eyes light up a bit since I atleast semi know someone and so far Rachel has been quite nice. I go over and sit beside her and look at the sketchbook infront of her that had a big black dragon on the cover and it looked really good and detailed. I glance over at Rachel and she was scrolling through Pinterest on her phone before she finally looked up and as soon as she saw me her eyes lit up. "Hey Coran! I guess we both have art for first period." She says with a big smile on her face. "This is honestly one of the best classes. I think that you will really enjoy it. Ms. Dolton is really chill and nice." Rachel tells me as she puts her phone down.

"Yeah I have heard that art teachers are supposedly quite nice." I replied as I start to feel a lot more calm. "So Coran should I draw a shadow fox or a dark fairy?" Rachel suddenly asks me as she opens her sketchbook to a empty page. "uh.. a shadow fox?" I answer a little confused due to the sudden question.

Rachel smiles and starts on the rough sketch of the body and I watch curiously. Though before she can finish the full rough sketch of the shadow fox the bell rings signalling thay first period is over and Rachel closes her sketchbook and puts it in her bag. "Do you need help finding your next class?" Rachel asks as she stands up. "Yes please. Help would be quite nice." I reply and Rachel nods and takes a look at my schedule then starts leading me out of the class and I immediately feel dread as I see exactly how crowded the hall and stairs are. 'This is going to be a very interesting school year..'

I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter. This is my first story and I am going to try my best to make it a good one. If there are any grammer mistakes or anything plz let me know.