So stop me if you've heard this joke... a pumpkin and a cat walk into a bar...

WX-78 wouldn't say it out loud, but they were quite enjoying not doing much. Like... okay the "violent head trauma" wasn't nice. Their components kept grinding inside their head and the static made it feel like their components were going to melt and ooze out of their eyes and mouth, but overall, having someone willing to do almost everything at their beck and call was quite pleasant.
Though... Wormwood, the thing that has been taking care of them, was... confusing to say the least. For every reason it should absolutely hate their guts. Yet it didn't, and every jab they tried to take at them fell short, always bouncing off him. He was always brushing off whatever they said with a smile and a laugh. The gourd also never really tried to snap back at them, and the closest thing to him snapping was always accidental, which honestly was even more infuriating than him actually wanting to offend them. Like c'mon they worked hard to be considered a threat then get taken down by some moon forsaken-

"WX?"

"WHAT?" WX said, loudly slamming down the drink they were swishing in their hand as they jolted to turn to the gourd. Wormwood jumped at the sudden noise.

"...Whatcha thinking about? I mean you're staring into the mirror pretty hard... Are you doing well?"

"IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS" They said, taking a sip of their drink before setting it down.

"...Ok." Wormwood said, turning away to sip from his own drink, a bottle of mineral water.
Wormwood tapped his leaves against the counter as he looked around the bar.

He didn't really want to talk to WX right now. They seemed to be in a mood, and honestly it also felt like he was making it worse.
He looked over at some of the pigs sitting next to them... or well, a couple seats next to them. They were huddled at the ends of the bar, sitting tightly together but still keeping a gap between his little party of two and themselves. He made eye contact with one of them for a second, but they were quick to break it. The pigs started worriedly murmuring among themselves in hushed tones. Only a few words were understood by Wormwood, but he knew they were talking about him... and what he was here for. Which... most of what they said was extremely untrue, he wasn't here to "reap souls" or something similar, but still... it hurt.

"So..." Wormwood said, turning his attention away from the people keeping their distance like he had the plague or something and toward WX "We still need a place to stay... I think i saw a couple of inns nearby."
WX look toward Wormwood with annoyance as Wormwood talked on. "I-i have enough for a few nights but-" Wormwood glanced at WX "-I don't think it's enough to hold us until you're better,"

"THEN GET A JOB." WX said spinning to face him.

"That's what I was getting at," Wormwood said with a hint of annoyance. "Someone's gotta need some help in this town, doncha think?"
WX ignored this question and went back to swirling their drink in their hand, and the distaste coming from the crowd came back to their attention. Wormwood took a couple deep breaths, trying to not be bothered by the noise around him. However as he did this the noise from the crowd increased, Wormwood could hear the hooves of one coming from the crowd up to the bar, right behind Wormwood.

Well maybe he just had to show them he wasn't dangerous.

He turned around to face them as was about to greet them when YANK

Wormwood wailed as his pumpkin head was pulled harshly out of it's normal position, the one he used to look as close to one of the pigs as he could, and instead the vines that made up his "neck" were stretched way farther than what would be considered natural if he was a pig. The pig squealed and dropped his head suddenly which landed harshly on the bar counter. Wormwood cried on the impact.

"Well at least he ain't a headless horseman!" The pig said with a nervous giggle. "We don't need any more danger around these parts!" The crowd around him erupted in laughter, even trading onics like he was a betting horse!
Wormwood's eyes dimmed as tears started to form on the corners of the triangle holes that made up his eyes, begging to come out in waterfalls. WX looked upon him with a mix of disgust and confusion as Wormwood sheepishly tried to slip his vines back into their normal form. WX continued to ti stare as he did this for a pause before sighing and swigging the last of their drink. They looped their arm around his vines before tugging them away.

"C'MON LETS GO NOW." Wormwood looked at them dimly before getting up and walking out arm in arm, tears pouring down his face. WX looked back at those pigs in the saloon one last with a mix of disgust and anger.

They will pay for this

~ (^|^) * ((|)) * (0|0) ~
"NO." WX said, looking at their one bed. They had bought a hotel room with the small amount of money Wormwood had. Sadly for a low price they had to make some sacrifices.
"It's not that big of a deal..." Wormwood said, laying on it and kicking his legs. "It's a big enough bed for the both of us, and it's better than having to share a room with total strangers. Plus, it doesn't have any bugs! For the price that's an absolute steal!" WX nodded, but still stared at Wormwood, disappointed.
"WHY CAN'T ONE OF US SLEEP ON THE FLOOR?"
"I spent a pretty penny for this hotel, I would like me and you to reap the benefits of having an actual bed for once, ok?"
WX squinted more at Wormwood.
"Listen, if it bothers you that much we can put a couple cushions between us."
WX thought about it for a second. "OKAY..." they said, while still vaguely unconvinced. Wormwood's stupid grin curled a tad tighter as WX took off their cape. They set it on a nightstand with their hat on the top of it.
Wormwood's own hat had come off along with their jacket, gloves, boots and kerchiefs. It was the first time WX saw Wormwood without most of the layers he covered himself with. He had some leaves on his head that mimicked hair, and his whole body was made up of the vines that they caught a glimpse of in the saloon.
"WX? WX, you're staring. You okay?"
WX shook off their dumbstruck expression and replaced it with their normal one."YEAH YEAH, LETS JUST GO TO SLEEP."
Wormwood gave a hummed little okay as they turned off the light. "Alright, g'nite WX!" WX gave a sigh murmuring good night back under their breath before turning over and falling asleep.