But she was changing the premise of the book. Forget a love story about a girl who chased after one thing for so long until she obtained it, she was now writing a loss story about a girl who finally wakes up from her tunnel vision to find that she really underestimated the ability of human delusion. Faking it until you make it really just ends up with you breaking, doesn't it?

Oh, that was good. Write that down, it counts as poetic, right?

Her doorbell rang, waking her out of whatever zone she falls into when she had a good writing streak going.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

It was that time of the year again, the chicks have hatched. The Seattle Grace Mercy West surgical residents would be in charge allowing first year medical students to shadow them for a day.

"First year med students," Cristina sighed disappointedly, as if that wasn't her once, crossing her arms over her chest. "Too dumb to find the toilet."

Cristina considered these tours to be like court ordered community service. Lexie Grey read off the assignments for which resident would be giving a tour to which med student. When she saw, and heard, Jackson and Alex trying to call dibs—whispering 'mine' to one another back and forth,—on Laurel Pinson, a really pretty first year med student. Lexie glared at the both of them, looking down at the names she had written on her paper to see who was assigned to her.

April stepped on Jackson's foot, pretending like she didn't as she faced forward. Jackson looked down at her wanting to mouth out, "What the hell?" but only getting the "Wh-" out before Lexie assigned Laurel to Alex, and a guy, Edward Taylor, to Jackson.

"Blairville," April whispered to Jackson as she went to go take a few steps to her own medical student while Jackson's walked over to her.

He flared his nostrils at April for it, shaking his head at her. He did not live in Blairville. And he did not want to have this guy as the medical student that shadowed him.

And now that April said the word, "Blair," Jackson was wondering what she was doing at that very moment, considering he hadn't received any update texts from her—not that he expected her to, but she had just had major surgery and was left by herself in a new apartment for the first time and isn't allowed to drive herself anywhere.

If only the hospital daycare accepted twenty-eight year old friends of surgeons, too...

Cristina would be staying on Richard Webber's service for the day just so he could monitor her progress after her being gone for so long. He also non-discreetly, because he's loud and trying to be obvious about it, mentioned how he was going to be picking Chief Resident in a few months. The other residents were taken aback to hear that he had been evaluating them for Chief Resident since, according to Webber, they had their first days there.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Callie Torres put on a yellow trauma gown and slapped on some gloves. There was an ever-present frown on her face as she thought about her current troubles—an Arizona-shaped issue not only haunts her at work, but outside of her front door as well.

Owen was already outside, waiting in the ambulance bay for the ambulance to arrive. He glanced to his right as Callie walked up next to him.

"Dr. Torres," Owen greeted her nonchalantly.

"What?" she snapped at him, not even bothering to look at him.

He glanced over at her after hearing the attitude, trying to assess the situation. "Nothing...?" he shook his head, but it came out more like a question.