Chapter IV: Daoism Temple

Start from the beginning

The school alumni invited were mostly descendants of nobles and high-ranking officials from the Dragon Rise Empire and North Samhan spiritual kingdoms and spiritual olympiad champions, outstanding alumni, outstanding students, and friends of Daoist high priest Dao Yu Wen.

The atmosphere of the school assembly hall was boisterous since 5 p.m., as most of the guests had come the day before to experience sleeping in their rooms during school. As the event took place when the school was on its year-end vacation, this was possible.

That night, all the guests came wearing the traditional clothes of their respective kingdoms. The men and women from the Dragon Rise Empire wore traditional Han-era folk clothes called Hanfu while the men and women from the Samhan Empire wore traditional Korean clothes called Hanbok.

There was traditional Chinese instrumental music played by a group of musicians using gusheng or lute, konghou or harp, pipa or Chinese guitar, xiao or bamboo flute, muyu or kecrek, and luo or gong. It makes the atmosphere feel like a throwback to the ancient Chinese royal era.

There were a lot of round tables with chairs surrounding them like a dinner event at a traditional Chinese party. The chairs had been arranged for all invitees by Daoism Temple students who were hired during the event. They were in charge of decorations, seating, food arrangements, and the whole event. Since this was a big reunion after 20 years.

Song Hui entered the meeting room wearing his favorite white hanfu and Song Hua wearing a red hanfu. When the two of them arrived, they were awaited by a 40-year-old man wearing a yellow hanfu.

General Dao Li Wei. 40 years old. Chinese man. Dashing face, slender yellow skin, yellow hair with a trendy model, 175 cm tall, and muscular body. Has a warrior character and is firm but shy with women. His nickname is the Thunder Bird, one of the Daoist Temple's Legendary Destroyer Bird Trio. First place winner of the 42nd Spiritual Olympiad with Dao Song Hui and Dao Sing Hua representing the Daoism Temple. Supreme Security Chief of the Spiritual High Council. There wasn't a single piece of important information about the spiritual world that he didn't know.

 There wasn't a single piece of important information about the spiritual world that he didn't know

Li Wei approached the two of them with praise: "You two still look as beautiful as I remember."

Song Hua joked: "You mean sister Song Hui, even though she's married and has two children, she still looks as beautiful as before."

Song Hui can only shake her head, she understands that Li Wei still has his heart set on her and can't see that her sister Song Hua loves him from back then.

Song Hui finally took over: "Come on already, let's sit down at the table."

A handsome male disciple with long hair tied back and wearing a white Daoism Temple school uniform approached them and said: "Come elders of the Destroyer Bird Trio, we have prepared a special table for the elders."

The handsome young man led the three of them to a table that had been prepared. When they walked up to the table, many people greeted and saluted them. It seemed like the three of them were very famous in the Daoist Temple. As they got closer to the table, a woman wearing light blue hanfu with glasses was waving her hand to call them to her table.