Placebo

Skz in school! audition as 7 for the school talent show and use their own song!
Tws: death, drunk driving accident, drunk, accident, grieving, fight, violence, swearing, bullying, instigation, provocation

'''Cause later when I become addicted to life''

It had been around a month since Jeongin passed away

It had been around a month since Jeongin passed away. His friends were suffering deeply, and everyone in the school knew it. Even people who didn't know them or Jeongin. There was a depressing aura around the 7, each of them feeling empty and alone, despite each one of them being surrounded by 6 other friends going through the exact same thing.

All of them had at least one class with Jeongin, and the friends sat together. Changbin and Jeongin in English class. Minho and Jeongin in history. Seungmin and Jeongin in geography. Hyunjin and Jeongin in art. Chan and Jeongin in science. Felix and Jeongin in maths. Jisung and Jeongin in Spanish. Now, they sat alone. Alone with their thoughts. Alone.

Changbin and Seungmin got hit the hardest. They always hung out in a trio if all eight of them couldn't hang out. They didn't cut the others out, but they would just hang out more. They each had a best friend within the group and broke into little subgroups every now and again. Seungmin stopped talking for 3 weeks because he just didn't have the energy. All his energy was used up crying, punching his pillow, or screaming into his pillow.

Changbin just kept to himself. Even while hanging out in the friend group, he didn't speak unless spoken to. He was bottled up with anger, and he didn't want to take it out on his friends, who were suffering just as much. Changbin was very sensitive for a while after Jeongin died. He often slept in English class to prevent his eyes from drifting to the now-empty seat next to him.

Chan always spoke to Jeongin in science and paired with him when they had to do practical experiments together. The practicals are everyone's favourite thing in science. But now, when a teacher announces they have a practical tomorrow or the following day of the week, Chan skips class. He doesn't want to work alone or with anyone else.

The winter talent show was coming up, and the friend group of 8 were gonna perform a song they made together as they all had a thing for music, whether that be rapping or singing, or even producing, they all enjoyed music and felt peace within it. But since Jeongin was killed in a drunk driving accident, that idea was hidden away, overshadowed by the grief the 7 boys were feeling. Until one day, Felix suggested they still audition, but perform Jeongin's favorite song of theirs; Placebo, written by Chan, Changbin and Jisung.

The others thought it would be nice, like a little tribute to their lost friend that they all missed so dearly.

>~<time skip>~<

For some reason, despite getting better and a few months passing, it was like Changbin lost his energy as time went on. He went from not energy, when Jeongin died, to good energy around 2 months later, and then 5 months later his energy dipped again. He stopped wearing his contacts because he just couldn't be bothered to out them on. He stuck with glasses.