You certainly didn't expect that, now how exactly were you supposed to survive

I get one uppermoon, totally understandable.

But two were not what you had planned.

Especially not the strongest ones.

Lost in your thoughts you didn't realise that Akaza has launched himself at Tanjiro. You didn't have time to swing your sword, so you just hoped Rengoku would've stopped it.

And luckily Rengoku reacted just in time and used his second form to successfully cut off Akaza's hand.

Akaza jumped back and landed near his companion. He grew his hand back almost immediately and ran his tongue on the leaking blood.

"Nice katana you have there." He smirked.

"Now why would someone as powerful as you, attack the wounded ones first?" Rengoku said, his smile never leaving his face.

"I thought he might interrupt the conversation we're about to have"

Rengoku's smile fell and he frowned.

"And what are we gonna talk about? This is our first time meeting but I already hate you." Rengoku furrowed his eyebrows. You looked around you trying to spot your box nearby but nothing, you couldn't see it anywhere. You needed to buy some time before the battle or else everyone will die.

None of the demons seems to have noticed you yet.

"Of course..I hate weak humans. When I see weakness, my skin crawls." Akaza laughter resounded in the air. It was strange that the other didn't talk yet.

"You and I have very different values" Rengoku placed his hand on his sword.

"Why don't you become a demon?"

"Hmm..no thanks"

"I can tell your strength by looking at you, you're a hashira right? You've developed your fighting spirit to the edge of...perfection." He looked at Rengoku and finally noticed you in the back.

"Listening to a conversation that's not for you to hear...how rude." He said smirking.

"She’s here with me. She has every right to have this conversation by my side." Rengoku frowned once again.

And noticing you, the figure in the back seemed to wake up from his thoughts.

"Ohh didn't you get taller?" He hid his smile behind his fan.

"[Name]..." Tanjiro muttered. "Do you know them..?"

"Well nooo....yes...kinda?" You whispered.

Rengoku got in front of you to protect you. "I am the Flame Hashira Rengoku Kyojuro."

"I am Akaza." And before the other demon could talk, Akaza decided to continue his speech. "Let me tell you, Kyojuro, why your power will never truly reach perfection. It's because you're human. It's because you age and eventually you'll die. Become a demon Kyojuro...if you do...then you can train for hundreds of years and keep getting stronger."