"Nigga you been smoking you been drinking, You'n need any of dis" Jo shook his head no.

"Niggas be thinking they my pops and shit" Kay waved his brother off making Jo laugh, he did indeed feel like it was his duty to keep Kay safe.

"Oh yea did Imani tell you?" Jo looked at him.

"Did Mani tell me what. I'm smacked bro" Kay dragged out before smiling big for no reason.

"Fake ass crackhead but did she tell you bout that family trip dad trying to plan?" Jo asked making Kay suck his teeth. Him and his father bumped heads occasionally so of course Kay didn't know about this family trip.

"Ion fuck wit that nigga. I'm not worried bout anything he got going on" Kay dismissed.

"I'm gon get through to you when you sober up" Jo shook his head laughing lowly.

"I ain't even drunk just a lil fried. No funny shit I don't care bout no family trips. If no one personally reached out it means they don't want me there that bad and to be honest I'm happy on this side. Don't need a soul" Kay ranted not genuinely not bothered.

"I hear dat. I hear dat" Jo sighed he didn't want to pressure Kay into anything but hoped Kay could make amends with their farther.

Pulling his phone from his pocket Kay scrolled through his notifications a text he received from Malayah two hours ago standing out to him in particular. The man dramatically sighed immediately standing to his feet.

"What happened nigga?" Jo asked concerned.

"My kid on the run again" Kay joked making a few of the men on the couch laugh loudly.

"Laylay huh?" Nas brought his hands together laughing hysterically he witnessed firsthand how Malayah would act at times.

"I'll check y'all niggas later" Kay took his time to say his goodbyes to everyone before leaving the building quickly pacing to his vehicle.

Profanity left his mouth as he checked her location seeing that she had turned it off. Sighing he unlocked his vehicle getting in and slamming the door behind him.

"Aight if I was Lay where the fuck would I go?" Kay put his key into ignition, without second thought he began driving towards her parents home. Despite the time he decided to FaceTime Demi from her IPad and surprisingly the child answered his call.

"Hello who is that?" Her sleepy voice sounded through Kay's vehicle, he looked down at his camera seeing the child was under her covers.

"It's Spider-Man, watchu you awake for?"

"Spider-Man? Boy where'd you get my number from? And shush mommy thinks I'm sleep I'm just catching up on teen titans" Demi whispered clearly the child was meant to be asleep but was using her iPad.

"This ain't a number lil lady. This your iCloud and I got it from Bree's iPad a while ago, I kept your iCloud cause we friends and I knew one day I would have to call you" Kay smiled into his camera making her roll her eyes playfully.

"Those lies work on Amelia not me. Since you looking Lay is downstairs watching Griselda. She got here a few hours ago. Her mom and dad was crying so much so they sent us upstairs" Demi blurted out.

"Oh wow, what was they crying for?"

"You ain't hear this from me but Lay was talking bout Micah. I think bad guys did something to big brother. But it's okay cause Micah is strong and will be home soon. He always goes away for a while but like always he comes back with so many snacks too" Demi grinned genuinely not grasping the fact that Micah was dead.