"Dumb ass" she spoke so only he could hear. The two greeted the man having a quick conversation before showing him their Id.

"I'm getting these look" Malayah pulled out her phone showing kay the tattoos she was getting. She planned on getting Love yours in cursive on her waist. She also wanted Faith in cursive tattooed underneath her ear.

"Those are cute what else" He looked down at her phone. She continued scrolling through her camera roll until she found the final tattoo that she wanted on her waist beside the Love yours tattoo. It was three medium sized hearts.

"Yup. That's all I think. Unless you serious bout getting each other's names" She shrugged.

"You gon get it in the same spot as me?" He asked and she shook her head no pointing to her underboob. She wanted it small and in red cursive just underneath her boob.

"It's gon look good on you" He complimented gently stroking the area a few times.

"So are y'all ready" The tattoo artist spoke after disinfecting his whole station both Kay and Malayah nodded but she stopped in her tracks feeling her phone ring in her pocket.

"One sec. Kay you show him yours I'll be back" Malayah walked outside to answer the call from her mother.

"Hello momma" She sang standing against the glass window of the tattoo shop.

"I feel like you bout to do something stupid" Her mother joked but her intuition was telling her that her daughter was about to do something dumb.

"What makes you say that?" Malayah asked.

"I'm not too sure. Just feeling weird energy coming from your side of things" Her mother joked and they both began laughing.

"Momma. I'm just with Kay there's no need to worry bout me doing anything dumb. But what's going on? Are you okay?" Malayah's mother would usually just send a text so her calling so randomly was strange.

"India called me an hour ago. She sounded very hurt by you not answering her calls or paying her any mind" Shania shook her head.

"What she say?" Malayah made a yikes face.

"She asked how I was. She asked bout the family then she asked if you been going to therapy. She told me you don't reply to her TikTok messages or her Ig messages. She said you never answer her calls. She said she's not spoken to you in two weeks" Shania told.

"Mom. India needs to chill out. I've been so caught up with college. I barely have time for myself" Malayah sighed dramatically.

"That's a lie. You find enough time to be under Kevin every other day. Find time for India she's been there for you when you went through hell. I won't have my daughter be one of those boy crazy girls who drop friends for niggas" Shania spoke only just getting started on her rant.

"That shit is not okay. India cried on the phone cause she's scared she's loosing you as a friend. And here you are being dismissive bout her feelings. Go make things right with India you don't find friends like that everyday" Shania spoke with some base in her voice.

"Momma you ain't gotta say and do all that. I'll talk to India when I get the time" Malayah sighed. She didn't even understand why her mother was going so hard.