Where had I started...?  I thought to myself as I blasted fire at another rock monster.

I had started as a feisty girl with a quirkless little brother who was determined to be as good to him as possible since the world never treated him right. I had been someone who could talk the talk, but never dared actually act on anything I said. That was, until...

I spared a glance at Katsuki. Until I saw him actually doing it. Sure, I'd seen Izuku admire him as a kid but that always seemed like some sort of bully worship, so I never got behind it. But when we got to UA, I saw what Izuku had seen even in middle school. Katsuki was incredible.

When I'd became his friend I'd started to push myself beyond the girl who coddled her little brother. I wanted to win. I wanted to beat him at this thing that seemed to come so effortlessly to him. And then I'd fallen for him.

I saw the stone move in the corner of my eye, swearing under my breath and commanding Voice to help launch me into the air. What was Aizawa thinking, dropping some philosophical shit like that on us while we were supposed to be training? That must have been intentional to get us distracted.

I went on the offensive, blasting the monster with fire, when it suddenly grinded to a halt. Pixie-Bob usually did that when she wanted to talk to me about form or something, so I stopped. Sure enough, she had an announcement.

"Tonight is gonna be fun!" She exclaimed with a few meows. That still took some getting used to. "We're pinning classes against each other for an awesome Test of Courage! I know you've been training hard today, and later you'll get to play hard!"

God, that just sounded like poorly covered up training. My stomach grumbled in hunger, and I sighed, blasting the monster with fire and watching it melt into a sad puddle. Just like my hopes for a solid night's rest. 

We were dismissed for dinner soon after this announcement, so we set to cooking up the meal. Me and Katsuki were on chopping duty. His hands seemed lightning quick with a knife, almost in a disorienting way.

Uraraka made a comment about this, but it was only met with protests from Katsuki since she'd chosen the word 'weird' instead of something like 'fascinating'. "What do you mean it's weird, why are you people so bad at everything?!"

I bit back a laugh as I walked to veggies over to Kiri, who thanked me with a small but strained smile.

Heading back to Katsuki, Iida made me jump as he randomly said, "Keep your hands moving! We'll never make the best stew if you stop now!"

After dinner and cleanup, it was time for the "totally awesome" Test of Courage. I mean, at least Kiri, Mina, Sero, and Denki seemed hyped. That is, until Aizawa told them they had lecture tonight instead.

Pixie-Bob explained the challenge eagerly. Class B would go in and try to scare us first, and we'd go in as pairs every 3 minutes. We had to collect nametags on the back strip of the circle to prove that we'd gone all the way around. Easy enough, Class B wasn't all that intimidating.

Iida, of course found a way to make this seem like a learning experience, talking about cool uses for our quirks and how this livened our imaginations, or something. I tried to tune him out as I drew a name from Pixie-Bob's paw. I smiled as I saw Momo's name on the paper, going over to her and beginning to chat.

Other teams formed, and soon we had our pairs. Katsuki and Todoroki, Shoji and Tokoyami, Kyoka and Toru, Me and Momo, Uraraka and Tsu, Ojirou and Mineta, Iida and Koda, and Izuku and Aoyama.

Mineta zipped over to us. "Please Midoriya, I'll do anything, just let me be with Yaoyorozu! I want to be the one she clings to in the test of courage! PLEASE! It's not that you aren't appealing either, don't worry, I considered it, but nothing beats Yaoyorozu's jugs!"

I briefly thought of punting him across the field like a football, but decided he might enjoy the fleeting contact he enjoyed with a woman too much. So instead, I activated Voice. "Go back to your partner, and don't bother us again." I said harshly, venom in my tone.

Roughly 10 mintutes later, me and Momo started our walk through the forest. The deeper we got, the thicker this black smoke became, though I assumed it was just from someone's quirk. We pushed forward until we encountered this pink smog that seemed to make me feel woozy and disoriented. Momo seemed confused and made us gas masks, muttering something about Class B not following the rules.

Waves of blue fire suddenly became visible, and the sounds of the night became actually scary this time as we realized what was happening.

 Villains had found the camp.

(WHAT WHAT WHATTTTTT? THREE CHAPTERS IN THREE DAYS???? I must be so into the Thanksgiving spirit, you know? You better take my giving spirit and pass it on, because if you don't I will find out. Anyways, love you all, happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate. ~Sho)