Part 28

It felt like a drastic turn-around, going to camp just days after getting back from I Island. But, here we were. I was standing with Izuku, bag in my right hand, when Uraraka came skipping up to us. "I've been so excited for this camp! Aren't you excited, Deku?"

Izuku seemed to get flustered and I bit back a giggle. He was getting teased HARD for that later. "Uh- um- yeah it's so-" He shot me a look for help.

"It's definitely something that all of us are looking to grow from, don't you think?" I replied to Uraraka calmly.

"Oh, yeah!" Uraraka smiled at me. "Are you okay Deku?"

"Just- a little- hot." Izuku stuttered out. Uraraka seemed to suddenly notice their closeness and quickly jumped back, shouting something incoherent and splitting off to find a new group. Her, Denki, and Mina started doing some weird dance, which I couldn't help but laugh at, and I turned to Izu. "Soooo, I guess her quirk has an effect even if she doesn't touch you, cuz you're practically floating." I teased.

"Anika!" Izuku whined, turning his face away. "I just don't have much experience with girls."

"I'll say." I muttered. "I think-"

"I heard some of Class A is taking extra courses! Does that mean they actually FAILED the final exams?" I heard that irritating voice of Monoma's drawl. I rolled my eyes, not ready to listen to his BS at this hour. "That must be SOOO embarrassing. Especially since you're supposed to be so much better than us!" Where was Kendo? "You all must be wallowing in sham-" There was Kendo.

"Don't mind him!" Kendo gave us a smile and dragged Monoma onto the bus. Izuku ran up to the rest of Class B, and Katsuki moved to stand next to me. "Are we sitting together?" He muttered.

"Awww, are you asking me to sit with you?" I smiled at him.

He sighed. "No, just want to know where to put my stuff."

He was so stubborn. "I think you want me to sit with you. Say it."

He took a deep breath. "Anika, firecracker, darling, do you want to sit with me?" He grit his teeth. "Is that what you wanted?"

"I would love to." I gave him a kiss on the cheek, giggling as he pretended to wipe it off before he snatched the bag from my hand and boarded the bus.

I got on when Iida started to shepard us to the bus, his hands doing that chopping motion again. I'd given up on trying to break him of it. It was just him. Scanning the bus, I walked back to Katsuki and sat down. Kirishima and Denki were nearby. Izuku had sat in the back with the Dekusquad.

A few hours later, Aizawa spoke up, saying something about being vigilant. I don't know, I was busy watching Kiri set a high score on some sort of running game on his phone. I shot a smile at Katsuki, frowning a bit when I realized he was looking out the window. "Is everything okay?"

"Aizawa said to stay focused. We're still learning. All these extras aren't paying attention. This is just why I'll surpass them."

"Okay..." I said slowly, taking his hand. "I'm glad you're taking this so seriously." I smiled encouraging. He started to trace my scars on my fingertips slowly. He wasn't big on PDA, so this was the most I got.

About an hour later, we pulled over to a curb on the road. As we filed out of the bus, I saw Katsuki looking around. He was always thinking, wasn't he? A car nearby opened its doors, and out stepped the hero group, The Wild Wild Pussycats. Then it clicked. Katsuki had already figured it out. The camp-

My thoughts were cut out by Izuku starting to gush and ramble about the hero team, but I looked at Katsuki and saw him nod.

The Pussycats introduced themselves, and a young boy named Kota. Then they started pointing out the location of the training camp. Great, the hunch was right. I hadn't even eaten breakfast. This was gonna be a long day.

"The training camp," Aizawa said, "Has already begun." And with that, they flung us off a cliff.

••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••

It took nearly all day, and nearly all my quirk power as well as everyone else's, but we finally made it to the camp. Not only had we had to hike, but they'd sent giant stone monsters at us the whole time. It'd taken well over the 3 hours allotted for the training. I was starving, and aching in places I didn't think you COULD ache. Stumbling out of the treeline, we laid eyes on them. Aizawa and the Pussycats were just standing there, waiting.

"I thought it would take you kids even LONGER!" Pixie-Bob gushed, adding a few meows. "But you did MUCH better then I thought you would! You were seriously great. ESPECIALLY you 5." She pointed to a cluster of us including me, Iida, Katsuki, Izuku, and Todoroki. "It seems like you've had quite a bit of experience fighting." We all seemed to exchange knowing looks.

And then things got weird. She called us kittens and said she'd groom us and all sorts of stuff. It was... an experience. Izuku nearly got mauled, and then approached Kota... who promptly punched him in the balls.

I hissed under my breath, trying to ignore the kid as I helped Izuku to the table where dinner sat. Katsuki smiled and said something about the kid having spunk, to which Todoroki accurately replied, "He's kinda like you." That earned him a angry look from Katsuki, and a laugh from me.

Once the class sat down at the dinner table, we dug into the food eagerly. There seemed to be not a scrap of food left after we cleared it. I sat between Izuku and Katsuki, engaging in conversation between bites. I think Kiri and Denki put away half of the food themselves.

After the food we were allotted bath time. The general consensus of the girls was to soak as long as possible in the warm water. I was feeling a bit insecure in the water, taking pains to keep my body fully submerged. Mina was the complete opposite, swimming around and chatting, getting in and out. Until we heard something on the other side of the wall, something that sounded like climbing.

Disgusted, we all lunged for towels to cover ourselves. That pervert had to ruin our shower by being sick. About halfway through wrapping our towels, we heard a crash and Kota's small thumb stuck over the side of the wall.

"Thank you Kota!" Mina shouted with a small wave and a smile. Causing Kota to rapidly stumble back and fall. 

I heard a thump, calling out Kota's name. "He's fine sis! I caught him!" Izuku called back over the wall. I smiled and slipped back into the water. Could always count on Izuku to step in and save the day.

Izuku took him to the Pussycats, and that was the end of our nice bath time. Us girls got dressed in PJ's and went to bed, steeling ourselves for training the next day.

••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••

We were grateful for that in the morning, when we rose at 5:30 AM to make ourselves breakfast and start training immediately. Aizawa said something about quirk strength training, and asked Katsuki to throw the ball again, like we had in testing. I was excited, he could probably got even farther then me now!

It only went 4 meters farther than last time. But that made no sense. How could he have not improved drastically from class?

"You haven't been pushing your quirks to the limits. Quirks are like muscles. They tear, and grow back stronger. Today, we're going to push you beyond the limiters of your quirks in order to grow them stronger. You'll feel so much pain you'll think you're dying. I hope you're ready.

Ready for torture...? I steeled myself for the coming training, ready for anything they threw my way.

(Aren't you guys spoiled? 2 chapters in 2 days? I guess I'm feeling generous with Thanksgiving around the corner. Love you all <3 ~Sho)