He'd hope it was that way.

The controversy seemed to have watered down with that article which contained a summary of Chaein's interview. Things had returned back to normal and the mood in the palace seemed much better, at least to Hyunsuk it did. And his excitement returned when he got to know that Yoshi had successfully gained permission from the great queen mother to host his birthday party at his uncle's resort.

"It'll be nice to celebrate Yoshi's birthday with just friends right?"

Jihoon wasn't excited, anyone could guess.
"Yeah whatever."

"Hey why are you being salty, it's just a birthday party. He attended yours too."

"Yeah and you did flee with him after lunch." He frowned.

Oh so Jihoon remembered that but not what had happened that led to it?

"You wouldn't want me to remind you how big of an asshole you had been that day by letting your friends make fun of me."

Oops, Jihoon was caught in his own words and before Hyunsuk could put some further allegations on him, he escaped from there.

Two days later and it was Yoshi's birthday. Early morning and a few cars stood outside the palace. One of them had Asahi and Haruto sitting in already while Jihoon was on the wheel.

"You sure you're gonna drive, like it's never too late to ask for a driver and afterall you didn't practically drive once after learni-"

Hyunsuk put his hand on Jihoon's mouth through the open window to shut him up.

With a gritted smile he said,
"Oh I can drive, no I WILL drive. You guys don't have a problem tagging along with me right?"

He looked back at his friends who undoubtedly looked very hesitant or more like scared but still nodded, to save his pride.

"See you're the problem, now fucking get going."

Asahi was quite shocked to see how Jihoon was not only completely fine with sassy Hyunsuk but even passed a grin when he never otherwise would tolerate this behaviour with any of them.

'Something's cooking', he thought.

But he wished for something of his own to be cooking with that handsome alpha friend of Hyunsuk. He'd make it happen.

Some five minutes later, when Jihoon's car had already taken off, Hyunsuk was finally able to start the engine. And soon as he put the foot on the race, the car stopped with a jerk, extracting a yelp from Junkyu.

Yoshi came running out of nowhere.
"Are you fine?" He asked, looking worried.

"Uh, yeah. But why haven't you left?" Hyunsuk asked him nonchalantly, trying not to expose the nervousness he was feeling after that jolt.

"I'll go after you, just in case. Nevermind, you should drive now."

Yoshi was being considerate like usual. And so Hyunsuk took off from there, smoothly enough this time. But one could say that even a 60 year old grandma could pass them at the speed they were going.

"Hurry up man! I swear I'll get sixty by the time we reach the resort and Haruto wouldn't look at me then."

Junkyu received an eyeroll from Hyunsuk and Jaehyuk collectively.

"He wouldn't look at you either way, man's a fucking player, get over him. Also I'd rather get old then die in the middle of the road so dude drive as you like."

Hyunsuk whined out a "Jaehyuk!" And then sped up a little as he felt his pride at stake now.

After a long, long ride; compared to Jihoon and friends who had reached an hour ago, they finally stopped at the resort.