Chapter 11 The Station (un-edit)

Zacznij od początku

It was suspicious. Detective Mirase had chosen to stay and use the kid as bait to draw out Chuuya in hopes of catching him.

You knew Chuuya, and Shirase would be taken to the station, separated and the mafian interrogated by police.

All in the aim to obtain top secret mafia information he'd gained in his first year of the mafia and try saving him.

They were dealing with Nakahara Chuuya, one of the mafias' upcoming strong fighters. 

Once in the mafia, the chances of salvation were slim. Except for rare individuals who had outside help. It was beside the point.

It doesn't matter how much protection the police would offer. There were numerous ways to break into any place  and kill anyone who squealed and got out of a building undetected. 

You'd know that because even been requested by clients to hack into their database, you were familiar with their mindset and sent bounties half frozen on their station doorstep every once in a while. 

No one reveals the secrets of the mafia and gets away alive. They'd be branded a traitor and face a death penalty.

...

When Detective Mirase's basic tricks didn't work. The detective would resort to using a sob story on Chuuya. That in itself was one of the police's dirty tactics in the books. A way for them to enact guilt to make suspects reveal the truths.

According to Yokohoma Law. They had no legal warrant to obtain him or the evidence to back it. Hence why they used the guise Voluntary interview to confine him to the room.

Chuuya knew that law applied in his case and straight to the point.

You got to admit Chuuya had balls for writing two little words on a piece of paper, a small act of defiance to give into their demands:

'Eat sh**'

Mirase would be furious be didn't get through to him. If anything, he had made things worse. Ordered a guard to take him away to a cell.

Adam would have to find his own way in to locate Shirase's cell and uncovered plans to relocate Shirase to another facility. He managed to use his his unique technical skillset to trick a prison guard into letting him go to the cell to see him.

All without breeching the politicial system and knew secrets that could bring nations down.

Shirase would make things difficult with the lying and entitlement attitude of self proclaiming himself to be king.

You had to give Adam credit for being an automaton. Keep his cool. the kid was lucky it was Adam he was dealing with.

Had it been you in that place with Adam, Shirase would've been submerged in an enclosed in a pool of ice and sent him to Russia. They were having an ice sculptures festival.

But because you weren't physically thete. He was safe. But it didn't mean you wouldn't hack into the closest camera and aradeop

Adam took a gamble to reveal the truth to Shirase about why Chuuya changed sides. It was far more complicated than the kid ever knew.

For the sheep to ally themselves with GSS, they'd become a danger to the mafia and planned to elimate them.

Despite how Chuuya was treated  he'd tried to protect them and made a deal with the port mafia to save the children.

Dazai had made sure the old members were scattered across the country and watched around the clock to ensure they never crossed paths with other members ever again.

It wasn't all. The Ice Queem almost got involved.  It caught Shirase by surprise.

"The Ice Queen? I thought she was a myth." Adam shook his head. "No she was very real."

Adam took a step closer and cupped his hands near the teenage boy's ear as I'd to share a secret. Lips moved. You were thankful you had been trained to read lips.

The Ice Queen said if he didnt. She would have been more than happy to take things a step further.
They had more than enough connections to make the children leave the country and send them to different countries. The further away from each other they are, the less possibility they'll ever re connect again.

Be glad Dazai turned down that idea. 

The only reason the one teenager had been allowed to remain within the city was to be used as leverage against Chuuya Nakahara to keep him in check.

Should Chuuya ever try to leave the mafia. All the former sheep members would be killed immediately. 

It wasn't necessary. Chuuya had sworn an oath sorely to the mafia boss, and he never broke his promises. Proving his loyalty and working hard to prove his worth as a mafian every day.

The situation would escalate to Verlaine's reappearance, a fight, Shirase spilling the beans in Chuuya's childhood, injuries, property damage, and one of the three real targets lives being taken.

Another person close to Chuuya. He wanted to grieve but didn't have the time. They found the marker at the ramp of the carpark.

The onky lead they had was a single mobile phone that may be the only clue they had.

End or Chapter 11.

Only two more chapters of Stormbringer Arc to go!