Chapter 24: Galley Law Company

Start from the beginning

"Uh huh. He's the guy alright." Nami nodded to her captain.

"HOW DARE YOU!" Kalifa kicked Usopp in his face making (Y/N) look over at her friend.

"What's the big deal lady?!" Luffy questioned her while Nami was in fear from what just happened.

"Iceburg. Let me go." (Y/N) did not take her eyes off the woman, well until the side of Iceburg's face appeared in front of her.

"No. You stay put." Iceburg took his hand off (Y/N)'s head, but she didn't move. Instead she was glaring up at the man she stood next to.

"I won't stand here and let you insolent louts disrespect one of the world's leading ship engineers." A crowd began to surround the group from the commotion Kalifa caused. "Pardon me. I get a big carried away from time to time, still Iceburg is a respected figure here in Water 7. Try to show some curtesy."

"Yes please don't provoke Kalifa. When she's lashes out in anger, her aim sucks." The opposite half of Iceburg's face (Y/N) could see was bruised and swollen.

(Y/N) quickly swapped sides to check his wounds that she didn't see before. "Oh my god, you poor baby. Don't cry big guy, there there."

Iceburg just looked down at the woman, lightly blushing from her words. "(Y/N), stop it. You can pick on me later. There are people watching." (Y/N) just giggled before kissing his bruised cheek, making the man blush more.

"We might of hurt his feeling, but you hurt his face!" Usopp yelled at Kalifa.

"You're way meaner than us!" Luffy joined long nose's yelling.

"Putting all that behind us. If you're Iceburg, you're the man we're looking for. Here, we even brought a letter of introduction to look at." Nami handed him Koroko's letter.

"From Granny Kokoro??" (Y/N) peaked over Iceburg's arm to look at what it said. "Take a look at their ship, it says."

Iceburg started to rip up the paper causing the crew to panic. "What?! Are you serious?? There has to be something we can do to change your mind. If money's the issue, we can pay!" Nami help up the briefcase in her hand.

"If you're really the best, then you gotta be the one to fix our Merry! Come on!" Luffy held up his hands in desperation.

"Okay." Iceburg calmly said.

"That's it?!" Usopp nearly fell over in shocked relief. "You didn't even have to think about it?!"

"Nope."

"Then why did you tear up the paper?!" Usopp screamed at the man.

"The lipstick mark was creeping me out. Even so Granny Kokoro and I have been drinking buddies for years, wow. Plus you've brought me (Y/N) who I haven't seen in over 10 years, on top of that Kaku has already gone to make an assessment for me. It would seem like a waste to turn you down now, wouldn't you say?" Iceburg finished with a long yawn and picked his nose. "Besides it's not like I had anything better to do, let me show you around the factory sound good?"

"Sweet! Bring it on!" The captain cheered.

"Come along with me then." Kalifa quickly spoke up.

(Y/N) smacked Iceburg hard on the back of his head. "DON'T EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN ICE FOR BRAINS!!"

Kalifa went to kick her for her actions, but the woman passed right through her. "Call your watch dog off." (Y/N) said, glaring up at Iceburg.

"Kalifa. Please refrain from hitting the brat." Iceburg said as he rubbed the back of his head in pain. (Y/N) smirked at the woman who glared at her in frustration.