Chapter 23: 300 Million Berries?!

Start from the beginning

Luffy was about to ask the group to buy some food, but his yagara had a different idea and took off. "Hey Luffy, where you going?" Long nose questioned his captain.

"I don't know, ask my ride!" (Y/N) saw that Luffy's hands weren't on the reigns, but in the air. The group followed Luffy to a stand that was selling water water meat, the woman who ran the stand told them that the meat was the yagara's favorite food.

"I'll buy two please." (Y/N) handed the woman some berries, purchasing the meat. "Here you go, buddy." (Y/N) fed her yagara and ate the other meat herself.

"Mmm... this is good Usopp, you should try some!" (Y/N) grinned at long nose who started crying to Nami for Luffy and (Y/N) being mean for not giving him any, but the woman was deep in thought about something.

"Nami? Everything okay?" (Y/N) asked the ginger as she ate the meat she bought.

"Um. Yeah, let's get going." The ginger response made (Y/N) look at her in confusion, but she shrugged and followed anyways.

After a while of traveling though the shopping district, Nami spoke up. "This is it. As soon as we take the water gate elevator, we'll be at the ship building island in no time."

"What's the water gate thing?" The half asleep Luffy asked his navigator.

"It's that tower right ahead of us!" Nami yelled out, pointing at the water elevator. (Y/N) and Usopp stared in awe at the structure.

"Attention everyone! The elevator is ready to go. Bulls and Riders enter now, proceed in an orderly fashion please. All aboard for Ship Building Island and Downtown Water 7 at this time. Passengers should enter quickly. The gate will be closing in one minute!" An elevator operator called out to everyone who was waiting for the elevator. (Y/N) and the other's traveled to the gate and upstream inside the elevator.

"Something crazy's gonna happen, I just know it." Luffy smiled at the scene before them. The gate soon closed behind them.

(Y/N) smiled as the water beneath them started to rise. "Okay this is awesome!!"

Nami explained how the water elevator worked, but her crew mates were too amazed and excited to really care. "They really do use water for everything here!" Nami looked up in awe.

Once they reached the top, the large gate before them began to open. "So cool!!" (Y/N) smiled at the beautiful town before them, wind pushing back her (h/c) hair.

"WE MADE IT!!!" Luffy exclaimed to his crew mates. "So this is the best ship yard in the whole world, huh? It's even fancier than the rest of the town!"

"They got a lot more ground to work with then the residential district, that's for sure!" Usopp pointed out the scene around them.

"Everything's huge!!! So cool!" Their captain yelled. (Y/N) agreed with her captain, calling the island truly beautiful.

Usopp took everyone's attention away from the city to the crowd of people. "Think something's going on at the ship yard?"

"Let's go check it out! Go yagara!!" Luffy exclaimed as the group followed their captain to the edge of the ship yard.

"Hey mister!" Luffy called out to a man in the back of the crowd. "What's this crowd about?"

"Eh?" The man turned to the group. "It was just some boneheaded pirates that tried to pick a fight with the shipwrights. Happens all the time, but our guys sent them packing as always. Those pirates will never learn their lesson."

"Woah that's nuts. The shipwrights can beat up pirates?" Luffy questioned the man.

"Huh? Oh you must be tourist. The shipwrights are well... Ha! Their like celebrities to us! In fact, you might say that this crowd is their fan club. We're always watching the Galley Law Company. They're strong, they're skilled and they're the pride in every citizen in Water 7!" The man spoke proudly of the shipwrights.