Chapter 1 - 2023 Rewrite

Muichiro's POV;

Muichiro woke up to his usual routine. It wasn't anything special or interesting, but he was really used to it at this point. He was usually bored in school because he knew everything that he was supposed to know, and was much ahead of the rest of his class. He was also used to that, although it did feel alienating at times.

He didn't really like school for that reason. Although there was one thing, one exception.. The thing had black hair cut into a mohawk, pretty purple eyes and ear piercings that just topped everything.

Genya Shinazugawa.

Whenever Muichiro was around Genya, he felt as if his stomach was about to explode with butterflies. He remembered every single time when he talked to Genya or hung out with him. Around Genya, he felt safe, needed and special. There was no denying that Muichiro was in fact, head over heels for the older boy.

Genya was the reason why Muichiro was getting up from bed every morning, the reason why he was still coming to school and trying his best.

Sometimes, Muichiro just sits and thinks about Genya. About how they met, about how their relationship looks like at the moment.

We'll actually, at first, Genya didn't bring Muichiro's attention. But after Tanjiro asked him to help Genya with maths, he started to feel something towards the older boy as they spent some time together and had fun.

Although he was sure that the older boy didn't feel the same way. And that made him sad. He wanted to confess his feelings to Genya so bad, but on the other hand was terrified of ruining their relationship. So he just kept going as he usually did. Waiting for the right moment that might not even happen.

As Muichiro was deep in thought, the sound of morning chatter of his parents quickly brought him back to earth. He glanced at the clock lazily, but immediately sped up his movements as realised that if he doesn't get up now, he'll be late to school. He's never been late to school before, but he knew that it wasn't a nice experience because the gates closed when lessons started.

He got out of bed quickly, got his uniform and went to wash himself up a bit. Then, he ate a quick breakfast and sat in silence for a while.

After all, he still had some time. After a while, Muichiro noticed that his twin brother - Yuichiro - was nowhere to be seen. That was quite strange, as his brother was usually running around and scolding everyone at this time of the day.

He walked up towards the bathroom, and knocked on the door. "Yuichiro?? Are you here?" He shouted towards the wall and hoped that he'll receive an answer from his brother.

"Where else could I be, idiot?" Yuichiro mumbled as he came out of the bathroom.

"I don't know... Anyway, are you ready?" Muichiro asked, kinda distracted by Yuichiro's cold tone. Although deep down, Muichiro knew very well that his brother was just cold on the outside and really soft on the inside, even if he denied it.

"Mh.. Sure." Yuichiro said and nodded.

They both got their school bags, and went to school together, as per usual. Everything seemed like usual, but then Muichiro spotted him. Genya.

Genya was walking past them.

"Well you live only once.." Muichiro thought and without saying a word to Yuichiro, he walked closer to Genya and left his brother alone.

"Hi.." Muichiro started awkwardly. Great.

"Oh hey." Genya replied and looked down at Muichiro.

"So uhm.. How did your maths exam go?" Shorter boy asked.

"It actually went very well! I mean- without your help I wouldn't pass it you know?" Genya said and smiled a little.

"Did he just..? SMILE AT ME?" Muichiro thought. He couldn't believe that Genya made him all flustered and blushy with just a simple smile. Damn. That has to be a huge crush..

"Do you.. Maybe want to... Uhm.. Hang out again?" Muichiro asked, his face getting more and more red within seconds. Luckily Genya didn't seem to notice..

"Sure." Genya said. "How about I'll text you later and we'll talk about the details? Do you have my number?" Genya continued, still not noticing the state that Muichiro was currently in.

Muichiro thought that he was going to explode. However, he tried his best to act cool and not show any emotions.

"Yeah I have your number." He responded after a few seconds of silence. He didn't even know how he got Genya's number, but it didn't matter right now.

"See you later then. I'll head off to school because I can't be late. I think you should speed up a bit, too." Genya said with a soft smile.

"Oh, right. Bye!!" Muichiro smiled a little, and stared looking for Yuichiro.

Genya's POV;

Genya saw Muichiro run towards the school, and decided to run too.

Meanwhile, he also thought about his conversation with Muichiro. It was nice. Genya found talking to Muichiro comforting and nice somehow. He still didn't know how he exactly felt about Muichiro.. It was strange. He never felt like this about anyone else ever before.

When he was around Muichiro, he felt comfortable, and different in some way...? He has never experienced something like that before.. That's why, he also feared his feelings. He didn't know what they were, and that scared him.

Was it maybe love? That's the question that has been bothering him for some time now. He didn't even know what his sexuality was.
It was really confusing and hard for Genya. Was he gay? Or maybe bi? He wanted to know. But how can he even find that out.?? And what's this weird feeling towards Muichiro? So many questions with no answers..

The sight of the familiar shape of his school snapped Genya out of his thoughts and decided that he'll think about it after school. Now was not the time..

Genya entered the school and a bit unconsciously he started to look for Muichiro. He didn't even realise that he was looking for him, his eyes were just unconsciously searching for the familiar head with a fluffy bunch of black hair with teal tips.

And long story short, he stared to zone out again. This was Genya's reality. Full of mysterious feelings that he couldn't identify but was left with all alone.

He tried to stay focused and look for his classroom instead. Finally he spotted it. But only because he saw Inosuke, Tanjiro and Zenitsu arguing next to the history classroom. If not them, god knows how long it would take him to find it.

And that meant that Genya's first lesson was history. Not bad. History was a bit boring, but mr. Rengoku luckily made it at least a bit interesting every time with his jokes and warm personality.

During the day Genya kept thinking about all that stuff that was bothering him. He didn't want to, but couldn't stop. Because it was practically impossible to escape your own feelings, and Genya knew. He knew. He also knew that he can't run from his feelings forever, and he'll have to face them one day. He just simply didn't give a shirt right now, and was not planning on facing his fears.

After the lessons have finally ended, Genya went home and began thinking about his little problems again. It was a one bit loop at this point.
He didn't really know what was going on with him lately. He has always had a problem with showing and recognizing his emotions and he knew about it, but right now it was really bad. He felt so lost. And trapped.

Suddenly, he remembered that he was supposed to text Muichiro.
He quickly grabbed his phone and found Muichiro's number.

And now the real struggle. How to actually write a proper message that won't look embarrassing??

____________________________________________________

I feel ya, Genya. Anyways. This is my first rewrite ever, it probably still sucks but now I can at least read it without feeling the urge to rip my hair out.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 07 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

One more minute? // Genmuiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें