Chapter One

"There's a theory that first-born daughters are always female versions of their father.", A voiceover says as a blond girl is seen walking down the hallway, people getting out of her way.
"I'm not sure about others, but in my case, it's true. My dad was my hero, my saviour, my best friend. When I lost him, I lost a big part of myself. When he died, I made a vow to protect my younger sister from any danger that came her way, no matter what it takes. And I will do well on my promise. My dad's death won't be in vein."

"You must love your dad.", Freya said.

"More than anything.", Valentina said, not looking away from the screen.

Valentina comes out of the school at the same time a black SUV parks in front.

Hope comes out of the passenger seat.

"Morning, Hopesy.", Valentina says with one of her smiles, that only family gets to see.

"Morning Tina.", Hope says as Saltzman twins come into view.

They stand in front of Rafael.

"Welcome to the Salvatore School. We're your tour guides.", The blond one says.

"I'm Josie."

"I'm Lizzie. Sisters."

"Twins."

"Fraternal. Obvs."

"Rafael, why don't you go ahead of the girls while I talk to Landon."

Lizzie and Josie take Rafael away while saying.
"Morning, Hope."

"Morning girls.", Hope says.

"More like despair.", Lizzie counters.

"I heard that."

"No, you didn't."

"Welcome to the hell hole, Rafael.", Valentina says, following Hope inside the school.

"Why do you go if you don't like the school?", Marcel asked.

"None of your business, traitor.", Valentina answered while rolling her eyes.

"Watch how you talk to me, little girl.", Marcel threatened, showing his vamp face.

Klaus was about to say something, but Valentina shot him a look that said to be quiet.

"Touch me, and I will tear out every single organ out of you and hang them in French Quarter for everyone to see.", Valentina turns around to look at Marcel.

Hayley looks at the older version of her daughter and sees she isn't even remotely uncomfortable.

"How are you alright with this Hope?", Hayley asks.

"I'm used to it already."

As they walk towards Alaric's office, he starts to speak.

"I'm curious, Landon. Slow down. Were you aware of us while you lived in Mystic Falls."

"I knew Hope went to some fancy boarding school. People in town said it was for troubled rich kids. I see the rich part is true."

"More like troubled part.", Kol says.

Landon sees a girl levitate her books.
"Nobody in town mentioned anyone in here could do that."

They enter Alaric's office.

"Nobody in Mystic Falls knows much about us. We blend in just enough. Participate, contribute. Just enough. Keeps people from asking too many questions."