Chapter 4

Scarlett's P. O. V:

Today is Pony Camp day, and I was going. Mum and dad are back at home and dad is at work.

I wear a short sleeved red shirt, along with my pink Bright Fields jumper, and black jodhpurs. My hair is in a ponytail.

I wander around the stables, looking for Becky and Jade

Things weren't cheery at Bright Fields because Firefly was stolen last night, after Raven broke out of his stall and Firefly went into his stall. That happened because Zoe had caught Pin stealing sedatives and got him arrested.

Marcus was also supposed to be giving a jumping demonstration.

I find Becky and Jade at the fence to the sandy arena already and join them, throwing them a grin. I lean my arms on the fence as we watch the Greenbridge cantering on Monty.

Marcus canters Monty around the arena to warm him up.

There were three vertical jumps set up.

As Marcus canters Monty around to the fence on his far left, Ben asks as he studies the green lead rope he was practising tying up with, "Have I done it right?" None of us answer or look as we were busy watching Marcus, though Jade, Becky and I have dreamy expressions on our features. "Guys?"

"Sorry, Ben," The Gills apologises. She gestures to Marcus approaching the first jump. "We were too busy... assessing the way Marcus's horse approaches the jump."

Upon reaching it, he leaps smoothly over it and lands, earning them a burst of applause. Marcus turns Monty towards the middle jump.

The Sidebottom says dreamily, "He's so hot."

Jade tells her sarcastically, nodding, "Yes, Becky. Marcus's horse hot and sweaty."

Becky retorts in exaggeration, "I'm not talking about the horse, Jade. I'm talking about Marcus?"

Ben says to Bob, leaning on the hay net, "Girls are gross. Right, Bob?"

We return our attention to Marcus and I let out a dreamy sigh, my cheek resting in my hand.

Monty leaps over the middle fence with ease.

Jade whispers to Becky and I, grinning, "He's great!"

He then turns him towards the final fence, and they clear that one with no incidents either, earning them more applause.

"Wow!" Jade breathes before we all cheer and clap.

Marcus turns Monty to the crowd and halts him as he says, holding up his right hand, "Remember, it's all about confidence, in yourself, and your horse." The Greenbridge pats Monty as he grins at us. The crowd cheers again. Marcus swiftly dismounts.

Becky, Jade and I spot Zoe and her sister and we go up to them.

Rosie remarks, "This place has so much poop, they might as well rename it The Poop House."