The Missing Batteries Incident

Start from the beginning

Lin doesn't do anything sitting down on the floor in front of the couch, one of his legs lay on the floor while the other was propped up. His arms lying on top of it.

Ashley smirks at that, before looking up at the TV, her legs lying across Andrews's own.

"Thank you  for tuning in!" The newsman begins, "Today we share with you some joyous developments regarding the tainted water situation!" Lin leaned in, is there a chance? From the sound of shuffling behind him, it seems like they leaned forward too.

"we're happy to announce that all apartments to which the tainted water had been delivered, have been secured!" Shit. Lin leaned back with a sigh. That's great.

"It's been three months since the first incident was discovered, and the death toll is now at a comfy 53 total." Lin let his head fall back with a sigh, it landing on Ashley's thigh, to which she quickly shooed him off. "no biggie."

"And the quarantine period for those whom are at risk, has been extended by another two weeks."

"Again!?" Andrew yelled, glaring at the screen.

Lin let his head fall forward and closed his eyes. "God, we're so fucked."

"And to our friends in quarantine, thank you for keeping your disgusting, parasite-infested bodies far, far away from me!" what an asshole.

"Sorry, it's "Thank you for your continued consideration of the public's safety" ."

"That's all for today. Cheers!"

"..." It was quiet, the only thing you could have heard was the sound of breathing.

"... If im the first to die, you guys can't eat me," Lin said, his tone full of seriousness. But the smirk led to that tone being discarded.

"No one is eating anyone," Andrew said, shaking his head. "We'll figure something out."

"im not opposed to the idea," Ashley said, raising her right hand.

Lin and Andrew slowly look over at her, their eyes wide in disgust.

"..."

"Something is genuinely wrong with you." Lin said, standing up.

"it was a joke, asshole," Ashley said, sitting up.

"Sure it was. Cause you're known for your grade-A comedy." Lin said, rolling his eyes.

"ugh, im going to bed." Andrew, who had enough of their shit, said, standing up and stalking off toward his and Ashley's shared bedroom.

Ashley,(L̶i̶k̶e̶ t̶h̶e̶ d̶o̶g̶ s̶h̶e̶ i̶s̶) follows after Andrew, leaving Lin alone, the TV still on.

-{=}-{=}-{=}-
You watch TV until you're too tired to keep your eyes open.

You fall asleep.
-{=}-{=}-{=}-

An unpleasant memory resurfaces.

Lin sat in his chair at the dining table, reading a book while his family moved around him.

After a minute of reading, his mom comes up and offers him a cup of water. Lin smiles at her. And drinks it.