Part 21

3 days after the battle with Rhino.

I landed on the top of a building after a long evening of patrolling. Yes, I did get to work immediately- who knows when another attack is going to pop up? Especially from a supervillain - I've seen firsthand the damage they can cause. 

I was already used to the sensation of swinging. Don't get me wrong, it was still amazing, but my muscles and body had adapted to the strain of all this swinging and fighting very quickly.

But it seemed like tonight would be just another normal night.

I sighed and kicked a pebble off the roof. It was starting to get boring, just swinging around and no fighting. I wanted some action, you know? Some excitement. Just something that can compare to how I felt after beating Rhino.

Little did I know, something even better was going to show up.

I heard someone land behind me, and my senses went off. But, not in a dangerous type of way - this was slightly different. "Spider-Woman!"

I turned around to see a boy.

Not just any boy, however.

He appeared to be taller than me, and he donned a spider mask and suit similar to mine - in terms of material, of course. His suit was only red and black, with a spider sprayed in the middle.

"That's the name," I said, raising an eyebrow.

"How'd you get up here?"

He laughed lightly. "I actually swung over here the moment I heard about you."

"I thought that meeting another person like me would help me figure out things."

I frowned.

How was this possible?

I thought I was the only one...

"Like...me?" I asked, lifting a hand to scratch the back of my neck. 

"...Yeah. You have spider powers, right? Shooting webs, super-strength, super senses, speed, etc..." His voice trailed off.

"Oh."

"You...have those, too?" I added, looking at him.

"Yep. Pretty much." 

I let out a breathy laugh. "But...that's impossible. I was bitten by a spider."

He shrugged. "So was I."

"Oh...okay, then."

"Uh..."

We stood in awkward silence for a long time, not really knowing what to say.

I was lost in my thoughts.

What did he mean he was also bitten by a spider?

Don't these things normally happen to one person and one person alone?

This is weird.

"How could there have been two spiders - and not one?"

"Beats me."

"I'm assuming you sought me out so that I could...teach you the ropes, right?"

"Uh...no, actually-"

I cut him off. "Don't worry, it is pretty hard at first. But, it gets easier, don't worry. I'll show you just exactly how to"

"I'm not here for a tutorial, okay?" He said, seeming slightly irritated.

"Well, then why are you here?" I asked, confused.