18: REHEARSAL

Kita stops resisting, stops trying to get away altogether. He completely steps away from the door, which has he and Alexis quite close. He tenses minutely, because evidently that's just how things are now, but otherwise gives no reaction. At least, not a reaction Kita notices. He's a little distracted.

"You should..." Kita says quietly, unsure how to even approach this. Should he talk at all? It's not like that has really worked in his favor too much, throughout this whole conversation. Tentatively, he reaches up and grasps the sides of Alexis' face. He then pulls him down, Alexis not resisting, looking confused more than anything. Likely at Kita's complete change in demeanor.

Kita takes hold of Alexis' hair, and gently pulls his head back. Kita watches the blood drip, slowly, in a steady stream further and further down his neck. It's close to reaching his collarbones, and his shirt, when Kita decides to put an end to it.

Kita leans forward and presses his tongue to the skin at the lower part of Alexis' neck, successfully doing so. He can feel, can practically hear the blood rushing through Alexis' veins. He can feel how tense the guy is, can hear his pulse, which is... quite fast.

Kita begins moving his head up, licking along Alexis' throat and over his chin, and holy fuck. Kita doesn't know if it's Alexis or the fact that he's starving, but his blood tastes immaculate. It could even be because of how forbidden it is, he doesn't know, but it's insane.

Kita stops when he reaches Alexis' mouth, licking over his lips before pulling away, though not by much.

What Kita just did was insanely suspicious, and he's expecting to be interrogated on the spot. This is why he's confused when he pulls away to find Alexis, flushed and breathing slightly heavier. His pupils are blown wide, eyes unmoving from Kita, as he stands there.

Kita doesn't look at Alexis' eyes much longer before his mouth gains all the attention again. More blood begins beading up, and again, all of Kita's focus is going into not letting his eyes turn red or his fangs come out or anything. So, he has virtually no self control. He doesn't even think before leaning back in.

Kita moves a hand to Alexis' jaw. He then wastes no time before meeting their lips together, and this time Alexis actually makes a noise. It's a low, very surprised, mph, and it doesn't sound negative so it does not deter Kita at all. He actually tilts his a little bit, putting more pressure.

Alexis reaches up, appearing not to know what to do. He settles on putting his hand on Kita's hip, squeezing a little. He doesn't respond—well, he does a little bit, but Kita doesn't know if it's intentional. It appears as though he's at least trying not to respond, and if so, he's kind of failing.

Kita doesn't get away with this long. Not much more than a few seconds before Alexis pulls away, and not only that, he takes a step back.

"We can't do this," Alexis says, and his voice is really low. Kita's never heard it like that before. It practically sets his veins alight, suddenly wanting to do way more than just kiss Alexis. Kita takes a step forward, and Alexis doesn't try to put any more distance between them. He just stands there, tense, looking at Kita warily.

Kita looks up at him, and he's right in front of Alexis again. Kita rests his chin on Alexis' sternum, which reveals that his breathing is still uneven. Kita can't tell how he feels about the situation, but he doesn't seem to hate it. That's enough for Kita to not feel deterred at all.

"Why?" Kita asks him. Alexis just purses his lips, and it's so strange, but Kita is having a difficult time getting a read on him. He's hardly making eye contact with Kita, posture tense, jaw clenched. Kita decides to tack on, "we're married."

Alexis' eyes immediately flick down to Kita's. Patiently, tone more even than Kita's ever heard it, "you don't see me that way."

Alexis is not happy. It doesn't seem like he actually minded Kita kissing him, though. He seems to just be worried about the platonic part of their platonic marriage. Kita pulls his hands from Alexis' grasp, though obviously Alexis lets him. He then rests them on Alexis' sternum, before running them along his body.