Las Vegas.

Oscar and Lando had turned up at the McLaren garage earlier than expected. They both changed into their fireproofs, keeping the top unzipped to let some cool air in. They both sat in Lando's Driver Room, waiting to be called out for the track stuff. They were both snuggled up with each other, giggling about who knows what. They shared a loving gaze with each other before they were called to the garage and taken to the track.

Everyone was stood around, before being called in order. The sky was pitch black and the track appeared to have no rubber on it. This was going to be a struggle, for everyone. The track stuff finished and everyone ran to their cars. The grid wasn't on a straight. The back of the grid curved a corner. Lando was near the very back. P18. Oscar wasn't too far off him. In P16.

The formation lap began.

Everyone moved around the track in an orderly fashion, before returning to their grid places. Lights out, and away we go. Oscar and Lando were off to good starts, avoiding a pileup on turn one. The first four laps remained similar. Until the worst case scenario happened. The track had no rubber, so there was no grip. Lando's rear wobbled, then just like that, he lost it. He was sent into the rear of Oscar's McLaren at high speeds and they both hit the wall hard.

"Is everyone okay?" A steward asked the pair.

Lando let out a winded wheeze. "Yep- All fine.."

Oscar struggled to inhale. He was launched forward and his chest hit the steering wheel. Oscar scrabbled out his car urgently then fell to the tarmac. Lando lifted himself out of his car steadily and ran over to his teammate.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry, Oz- I completely lost control of the rear of my car."

"It's fine." Oscar coughed. "It wasn't your fault, the track had no grip."

Lando knelt down to him while signalling for more stewards to help him get Oscar on his feet and moving. A couple more stewards ran over to them and helped get Oscar up and to the medical centre.

The pair were sent to a hospital for safety precautions.

They patiently sat in the back of the ambulance, Oscar coughing every so often.

"Do you think you'll be okay to race next weekend, Oz?"

"I think so." Oscar muttered. "It depends."

They were checked over. The doctor confirmed that Oscar was only winded and that he'd be able to race next weekend. Oscar was relieved to hear that. He wanted to finish The 2023 season, and he could only do that if he attended the final race. They were discharged after roughly 90 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were back at the hotel and they went to Lando's room.

"Oz. I have something that I've been meaning to ask you."

"So do I..."

They both took a deep breath before they both asked each other the question that they'd been meaning to ask each other.

"Will you go out with me?" They asked at the same time.

Their heads lifted up rapidly.

"I'd love to." They answered each other at the same time, too.

Oscar pulled Lando in and their lips touched. They pulled each other closer and grasped each other tighter than they ever have before. This kiss lasted a long time. They were so happy to be in a true relationship. Then Carlos walked in. The pair didn't even notice that he'd walked in. They were so engulfed in each other. They let go of each other and turned around.

"Fuck." Oscar and Lando said in unison.

"You're official, then?" Carlos muttered. "You prefer a guy you've not long met over a guy you've known for a very long time."

"Carlos, it's not like that- I-"

"Save it, Lando."

"Me and you are just friends, Carlos, we never had anything as strong as me and Oz. Why are you so concerned about it, anyway?"

"I was jealous." Carlos grumbled, walking away.

Lando turned around and ran into Oscar, tackling him onto the sofa and tickling his sides. He kicked and laughed. A relationship like this is what Lando had always dreamed of.