Chapter 18: Goodbye Navarone, Hello Blue Sea!

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) looked at Sanji concerned, who shared the same expression. Robin spoke down to Nami and the others, "Oh. That explains how ships couldn't enter or leave the bay during certain time of the day. Nice work."

Sanji complimented Nami's quick thinking while Usopp got back up, punching the cook causing the boys to rough house. (Y/N) shut them up using her fists of love as the swordsman asked, "So what do we do?"

"Duhh!" Luffy sassed, pointing straight ahead. "We head for the sea gate!"

"WE CAN'T, STUPID!!" The crew angrily yelled at their captain in unison.

"Straight ahead! Yeahhhh!" Their captain ignored his crew's screams.

The Merry began to hit the sea floor, forcing everyone to grab on to something as the ship roughly slid forward causing Luffy to go flying off Merry's head.

Long nose ran down to the bunker of the ship, discovering a huge hole the crash made. Usopp called the his crew down help him plug the hole at the bottom of the Merry; but as fast as the water poured in, it leaked back out.

The five crew mates in the bunker heard Luffy yelled to his crew, coughing up water. "Somebody help! I'm drowning!! Over here!" Sanji, Chopper, Zoro, (Y/N) and Usopp peaked out of the hole one at a time to see their captain groaning on the ocean's floor.

(Y/N) sympathized with her captain's exhaustion. "He is such an idiot." The other four agreed. Nevertheless the woman used her right sickle, transforming it to a long tree branch that picked up her captain by the back of his shirt. Retracting the branch, the (h/c) haired woman grabbed her captain and threw his arm over her shoulder.

Once Luffy was dragged back, Sanji suggested to stay out until the tide rolled back in, but Zoro and Chopper reminded the cook that they will be sink if they didn't get moving and soon. "We need a plan." Usopp stated as he looked over at his captain who was just yelling at them about giving the 'drowning' captain some food.

The group looked at Luffy pissed, but their attention switched to Usopp who held up an impact dial. "Oh! This could help us!"

"On the bright side." Robin spoke down to the group. "The water is so low, we don't have to worry about the ship sinking until the next high tide."

Nami agreed with the archeologist. "That's true but that means we can't escape either." Luffy suggested eating once again; but Nami quickly shut down his idea, pointing at the marines ahead of them.

Soon enough, spotlights were pointed directly at the crew followed by rows of cannons. (Y/N) starred at the scene before her in awe, "Holy fuc—"

"Attention Straw Hat Luffy and his fellow crew mates!" Jonathan spoke up from a loud speaker transponder snail. "All of you have fought valiantly against one of the Marine's strongest forces, and for that I salute you. You may be the enemy, but you've impressed me greatly. However it's time we end this game. This is checkmate. You got no where to run and you're surrounded, so don't even think about trying to escape. You put up a good fight, but accept it. You've been beaten."

(Y/N) watched as Luffy pushed his hat down lightly, just enough to cover he's eyes. 'What is that boy thinking..?' (Y/N) looked back up to the base commander.

This time Jonathan spoke directly to Straw Hat. "Now listen. Surrender and as commander of this fortress you have my word that you and your crew will be treated with the upmost respect. Give up quietly and I'll even make you a deal. You and Roronoa Zoro are the only Straw Hats with bounties on their heads; so I have no choice, but to hand you over to headquarters. However I promise to let the rest of your crew go free, but if you attempt another escape? I'll get mad."