Phobia

*Details:

Y/N is filming a skz code with the 8 stray kids members. (she is their best friend) Going through a chain of 9 escape rooms suited to each member.  (now proofread as of 6/2/24), very short.

A/N: My chapters get so much better after this one, so please continue reading! I update often and put effort into my chapters and I would appreciate any support like comments and votes! <3

tws: 

mild panic attack, fear, bees, wasps, moths, swearing*

 ''Okay everyone, 7 rooms down, we can do this! Only 2 left.'' Chan says, smiling at the realisation he can leave soon.

Chan opens the door in front of them and sees who it's labelled for Minho. ''This one is for you, Minho. You ready?'' Jisung asks him.

''Yep, sure...-'' He cuts himself off when he sees what the room contains: balloons. ''Ah I don't know about this one-'' He groans as Hyunjin steps forward, giving him a pat on the back. ''Don't worry Minho Hyung, I know you'll do great. Just find the key and that's it.''

Minho takes a deep breath and starts humming to himself, walking into the room. He goes quickly, searching the floor and table and chairs for any sign of a key. He finds 3, quickly scooping them up and taking them to the door on the other side of the room. He tries the first one, however, it doesn't work and he sighs in frustration. He drops it on the floor, which ends up popping a balloon. ''Ah-!'' He reflexively lifts his hands to his ears and takes a deep breath. He tries the second key and it works. ''Guys, guys I did it!'' He turns to his members and y/n and they walk over to pat him on the back and high-five.

''Guessing this one is for you, Y/n. Are you ready?'' Seungmin asks, slightly hesitant, thinking about her biggest fear: bugs. 

''Yep.. I think I'll be alright-'' She starts, but her hands drop to her side as she pushes the door open ''What the actual fuck.'' She curses in English, much to the surprise of Felix and Chan. ''Nah cuz what the fuck is this.'' The other members looked shocked, finally understanding that THIS. This is her biggest fear.

''Come on y/n, you'll do great, I believe in you.'' Felix pipes up, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

''Well I appreciate that but I beg to differ.''

Suddenly, a voice comes over the loudspeaker above the door, announcing a 4-minute timer has started and if they can't get through this room, there will be a consequence. The 8 members gulp and divert their attention to y/n. 

''Are you going to-'' Jisung starts, but is cut off by y/n.

''I'm being so serious shut the fuck up or I'm locking you in your room overnight.'' She says in English, earning a confusing glance from Jisung, which Chan picks up and translates for him.

''That's really funny!'' He says in his British accent, trailing off and putting his head down.

Y/n takes a deep breath and approaches the door. ''Alright, I'll go.'' Standing at the door, she examines the room and spots a key. She makes a beeline for it, grabs it, and a huge moth lands on her shoulder. ''WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK!'' In one swift movement, without thinking, she yanks off her sweater and throws it on the floor,  she runs to the door and shoves the key in. To everyone's dismay, the door stays locked. She drops the key and turns around frantically, trying to spot more keys. 

''Hey y/n, to your left...'' Changbin starts, immediately retreating his words when he realises the key is next to a wasp nest.

''Oh my god.'' Jeongin pipes up

''Now that's unfair staff, c'mon.'' Chan starts

The loudspeaker starts again. ''1 minute remaining.''

Y/n mutters something, her breathing becoming unsteady, as bees and wasps fly past her. ''Okay okay okay okay..'' She steps forward and crouches down, inching closer to the key before she sweeps it up in one fell swoop. She runs to the door as the members cheer when the key successfully twists in the door and she runs to the other side, collapsing on the floor. Changbin runs over to her side and kneels down.

''Hey love, you okay?'' Changbin asks.

Y/n breathes unsteadily, facing Changbin as the other members stand behind her, unable to see her face.

''Hey hey, it's okay, you're okay, you're out now it's all good.'' He helps her sit up and put his hands on her shoulders. ''Hey just breathe, you're okay, I promise.''

She attempts to steady her breathing but it doesn't work. Chan leads the other members away so they can have some privacy.

''Y/n, Y/n. Look at me.'' Changbin lifts her chin slightly ''Okay, look we're out now. Can you take some deep breaths for me? I think you might be having a small panic attack. It's okay love, it's just me and you here now, Just us. Let's just focus on your breathing.''

She nods slightly as Changbin leads her deep breaths. ''Okay, In.. Hold.. Out... That's all, it's easy, okay?'' He leads 5 more deep breaths and her breathing evens out.

''Here love, let's get you some water and we can go home.'' Changbin pulls her up and they walk to the car, where the other members are already waiting. 

''Y/n, do you want a bottle of water?'' Jisung asks as every other member holds their bottle out for her. Y/n grabs one and takes a few sips. before relaxing into her seat as they drive back to the dorms.

A/N: As I proofread this I cringed 💀 but I just wanna say that Bin and Y/N aren't dating, it's just a cute nickname.