"He's talented and handsome, and I love him," Becky utters as Jade shakes her head warningly.

Marcus walks past as he says to Zoe, "Hey."

"Hi," She says back, making Becky look all excited.

Marcus comes around to where Monty is and we begin giving our horses a hood grooming for the photoshoot.

"I gotta go," Zoe says, walking away. Jade and Becky follow her away from the hitching post.

"Where are you going?" Jade asks.

"I'm supposed to meet up with my mum," Zoe sighs.

"You can't leave!" Becky says, grabbing Zoe's arm and stopping her. "You just got here. Plus, I can't carry the hay bales on my own. Come on!"

Zoe, Becky and Jade leave and I see Mia and Susie approach Sam. "Sam, got a minute?" The Meyers turns to them. It was Mia who'd addresses her, arms folded. "My friend from school is on the cover of the People Pony Magazine. I think it would be really good for the yard if I was on the cover too."

"You certainly have a pretty good chance. Firefly's so lovely," I say, glancing toward the flea bitten gray gelding.

"Oh, no. I want to be photographed on Raven."

"Absolutely not," Sam says immediately, pulling back a strand of dark hair.

Susie tells me, "Mia's one of the best riders in the yard."

"He's still completely unpredictable," The Meyers reasons, voice gentle.

"Well, you've had him for over a year. If you can't sort him out, well, maybe we should consider taking our horses elsewhere," Says Mia. Sam looks really worried by that until Mia and Susie burst out laughing. "Oh, don't look so panicked! You know we all love it here." Sam gives a sheepish smile. "I just really want to get on Raven. By the end of the day."

They walk away as Susie says, grinning, "That magazine cover is in the bag!"

"Susie, how many times have I told you not to wear the same nail polish as me?" Mia quips, walking ahead.

Susie glances at her nails and hurriedly apologises, "Sorry! I'll take it off."

I mumble as I groom my horse's rump, "I think Mia wants to get on that horse."

Marcus replies, "I'm sure she'll be fine. She is a talented rider."

I say as I lean against Royce, "How did she end up with him, anyway?"

Marcus responds, "Apparently, he belonged to Ted and Pin Hawthorne but they had to sell him. So they sold Raven to the MacDonalds'."

I gaze towards the mysterious wild horse before I resume grooming my own.

       🐴🐴🐴

Sam says as she leads the photographer inside, "It's my dad's place. It used to be bigger but we had to sell one of the fields. Still, we're busy. Busy enough for now."

We're all lined up with our horses tacked up. I'm standing next to Marcus.

Becky says nervously to Bob, "He's coming. Please, Bob be good."

Jade says, "Focus, Becky. And, remember: distinctive!"

"What a gorgeous horse," The old man says as he approaches me and Royce.

"His name's Royce," I introduce, smiling as I rub his right cheek.

"Royce? Hello, Royce," The man says. I put my head against Royce's cheek as I grip the reins and George the photographer starts snapping pictures.