32 THE IN-LAWS

republishing to hit target votes, next chapter is ready
___________________________________________
Kiara's POV

"But your main headquarters is in London, how will you manage if you stay here? Will you go back there?" I asked Ayaan.

We came back from Manchester a few days back and surprisingly the trip was cut short as my work got over sooner than expected.

Manchester was fun, we grew closer day by day and everyday I woke up to his muscular, toned hand on my waist and his face in the morning was the best morning view I could ever ask for.

When I found out I was going to get married a few months back, I would've never expected it to be this fun and it made me happy.

"I can manage from here, I'll stay wherever you are" He said while playing with my hair. My head was on his lap and we've been talking about the most random stuff for the past hour.

"Good I wasn't letting you go anyway" I said and he chuckled.

Suddenly it clicked in my mind to ask him about why he kept hiding his phone from me, I have been pushing away this particular thought for so long but now seems like the perfect time.

"I wanted to ask you something" I said and looked up at him just to see him already looking at me.

"Yes amore mio?" He said.

Him calling me that will forever give me butterflies for the rest of my life.

"I noticed that you keep hiding your phone from me whenever I take it, why is that so?" I asked him and he suddenly seemed nervous, he broke eye contact.

Weird.

"I wasn't hiding anything, I would never hide anything from you" He replied.

"I see" I said and looked away. I was still suspicious about it though, I trust him but with the amount of times this happened it gives me a weird feeling in my gut.

"Love, I'm not hiding anything from you, why do you think I am?" He said as he made me sit properly and he did the same.

I just avoided eye contact but he held my chin softly and made me look at him.

"I just felt weird, you kept snatching it away everytime I took it" I said.

"You can take my phone and check it if you want" He said and handed me his phone.

"No I trust you" I said but he insisted on me checking his phone so I did.

I turned on his phone and there goes my breath.

His lockscreen was a picture of me.

A candid picture of me laughing.

He kept a picture of me as his lockscreen.