Kaoru smiled. "Yes. I actually prefer to eat several smaller meals throughout the day." He offered.

Blinking he looked away as he popped a blueberry into his mouth.

"Its been a long time since I had the comfort of doing so." He added not looking at the Fu dog.

Kojiro couldn't help but reach out to place a hand over the soft warm one of the Kitsune. The fox spirit lifted his eyes only to peek at Kojiro.

"You're safe here. You can stay for as long as you need." He added.

"Thank you." The soft voice floated up around him. Kojiro smiled.

He enjoyed his meal with the kids all around. Kojiro loved the feeling of a big family. Most of his family lived elsewhere. Being the guardian spirit of this place had its drawbacks. But meeting these kids, seeing what Ainosuke did to this town, Kojiro refused to allow anything bad to happen to these people.

Reki waved his good bye as Langa waited for him with their skateboards. Kojiro watched the two head off. Miya growled about them being slimes because he wanted to go skateboard but, he had his car from the pizza delivery the night before.

Unexpectedly the small cat boy rushed Kojiro to hug his waist. He was in his car before Kojiro could fully grasp what had happened. The smile that touched his face wouldn't fade for the reminder of the day. Miya was finally accepting him!

By eleven Kojiro's staff at the restaurant were beginning to arrive. He quickly made a chicken salad for Kaoru, who sat at the bar on a corner stool to watch the chef. By noon people were waiting outside to be let in for their lunch. Kojiro unlocked the door greeting most by name. If there was someone he didn't know, he still greeted them, but made a point to go talk to them once they were seated.

Kaoru sat to watch him all day. Kojiro loved the feeling of having the princely looking Kitsune keeping watch over him. The was until he was in the heart of the lunch rush. He hadn't noticed Kaoru's absence. Turning to ask the Kitsune what he wanted for lunch, Kojiro was shocked to not see him in the stool.

He swung his large green haired head around. He was about to bellow out the Kitsune's name when his sue chef pointed. Kaoru was seated on top of a ladder.

Kojiro had seen the ladder being placed off to his left but paid it little mind. Often times lights would go out and his staff just changed them on their own. This was what he thought had happened.

Stepping out from behind the bar where he did most of his cooking for the crowd to see, Kojiro glanced up. The beauty of the Kitsune was on full display. He sat perched on the ladder with a paint palette in his hands. Kojiro glanced at the wall. In glorious glowing red and gold letters, making it look like fire as he painted, Kaoru was painstaking making a mural on the wall.

Kojiro watched as the Kitsune worked at drawing out the name of the restaurant in delightfully artistic lettering. It looked like the letters were burning themselves into the wood to stand out even more. Along with the decorative letters there was a beautiful flower and leaf design behind it. It set perfectly with the warm cozy feeling Kojiro wanted for the place.

He didn't interrupt the man as he worked. Instead, he went back to his own job. The lunch rush ended. Kojiro assisted his staff with cleaning everything up. They had hardly any time between the end of the massive lunch rush and the dinner rush that was to start.

The kids from the town, often got out of school to come hang at the restaurant until their parents came for dinner with them. This was something Kojiro encouraged to keep the kids safe from the likes of Ainosuke or those who followed the demon.

It did make for a very busy, hectic day. Yet, it was growing late before he recalled the Kitsune. Kojiro gasped. He hadn't fed him in a while. Ducking back out he glanced upwards. The ladder was gone. The Kitsune in the wind once more. But what he left etched into the wood of the restaurant was far more than ordinary art work. It was a masterpiece of lettering talent. Kojiro gapped at it. A hand fell to his shoulder as someone pressed into his side.

"Do you like it?" the soft purring voice of the Kitsune asked.

Kojiro shook his head no. The Kitsune began to pull away. Kojiro slipped his arm around the thin waist to anchor the male to his side. He still couldn't take his eyes of the beautiful glowing words.

"No, I love it, Kaoru. That is magic! How?" He finally tore his gaze away to look down at the Kitsune.

Kaoru was gapping up at him with huge golden eyes. His mouth hung slightly open as he locked eyes with the Fu dog. Finally he smiled.

"You really like it?" He asked.

"Yes. It's perfect. Thank you." Just then the Kitsune's stomach growled.

Kojiro snickered leading the man back to the stool near his work station.

"You forgot to stop for lunch." Kojiro scolded mildly.

"I get that way when I work." Kaoru agreed.

Kojiro set a heaping plate of freshly made cabonara before the fox. A side of grilled tofu and a bowl of freshly cut fruits were added. Last came a dish of garlic bread sticks. Kojiro then placed a fine glass of wine to top of the meal.

"You're going to make me fat." The Kitsune teased.

Kojiro reached for the carbonara, "Of you don't want it..." He began.

The dish vanished before his fingers could touch it. Kaoru held it against his chest.

"No touchy or I stabby!" he hissed.

Kojiro tossed his head back to roar out a laugh. Those in the restaurant blinked up at him, but soon were pulled in to laughing with him. Kojiro watched Kaoru eat as he continued to make dishes for the orders his wait staff brought to him. It was close to ten when the dinner crowd began to thin.

"When do you eat?" Kaoru huffed.

"I ate after the lunch rush slowed. Now I will have a quick dinner." Kaoru watched him closely as Kojiro made himself a plate of food.

He held a second plate of a smaller meal out to the Kitsune. The two ducked back into the house to eat at their private kitchen table. Kojiro caught the Kitsune starring at his chest. He glanced down.

"What do I have something on me?" He asked.

"No, uh, you just look good in white." Kaoru muttered.

Kojiro looked up to see pink splashed over the other's face as he avoided looking at him. Kojiro laughed pushing a strand of hair back out of the fox's face.

"I like seeing myself through your eyes." He whispered a she speared a tomatoes to plop inside the Kitsune's open lips.

The fox huffed as Kojiro laughed before eating their meal. Kaoru helped clean up the kitchen into he restaurant.

"Maybe tomorrow, I could help with something else?" Kaoru asked shyly.

"Sure. We can start you out with chopping or cutting the vegetables." Kojiro offered.

The Kitsune smiled glad that he would be able to help out he snuggled into the beefy strong arms of the Fu dog. Kojiro kissed the top of his head.

"Sleep well, Pinkie." He cooed.