She slowly smiled at her father's humor, beginning to feel less uncomfortable as she began to relax. His chuckling soon came to a stop once he began to continue.

"Our betrothal lost me a lot of close people. It's parta the reason why Alvin and I split..." He trailed off, and she watched his face turn serious and caring. "I don't want ya makin' my mistakes."

She understood him now. How he saw it, Freya was like Valka with two men pining after her, one more acceptable than the other. Although, her situation was different, with Viggo being the former enemy of her tribe, it was the same in the fact that her relationship with him would be entirely unfavorable. She leaned back a little in realization.

"But if ya really love him..." He started, trailing off before she cut him off.

"I do," She clarified firmly, her gaze hardening as a small smile formed on her lips. She looked to the side as she thought about him, her smile staying. "I know it's not exactly.. Ideal, but it's real."

"And that's all that matters to me," Stoick stood, moving to pull her into one of his bone crushing hugs. She let out a sigh of relief, practically forced out by his crushing hug. Her smile widened as her relief brought a short laugh out of her. Releasing her from the hug, he ruffled her hair, Freya swatting at his hand with a smile.

"You know, I'm glad we're through this because there's something else I wanted to talk to you about," She confessed, her voice turning a little more serious while still holding that comfortable smile on her face. Stoick, with a beaming grin on his face, listened.

"What'cha thinking, Freya?" He places a heavy hand on her shoulder with a look of understanding. Even though Stoick had just approved of Viggo, Freya still felt nervous to tell him about the next step in their relationship. She bit the inside of her cheek, taking a deep breath.

"Before we left the edge, Viggo asked me to come back with him to Marauder Island," Her head tilted down a little as she spoke, an almost pleading look on her face. Stoicks eyebrows furrowed, not entirely filled in on Viggo's whereabouts.

"Marauder Island?" He questioned with a softer tone, beginning to understand the reason for his daughters pleading and guilty look.

"It's the island he's from. Apparently, it survived the war and ended up making peace with the dragons," Freya averted her eyes, feeling guilt wash over her. She had just returned from being on a nearly five year exploration of the world and now she was about to leave again. Not to mention, for a man that her father had only just approved of. "...He wants me to lead with him."

Stoick sighed deeply, a look of sadness and acceptance washing over his features. His sigh caught her attention, her eyes meeting his once again. She felt the pain of guilt grow as she studied the saddened look on his face.

"I knew this day would come sooner or later," He said softly, his other hand coming up to hold her other shoulder. Just then, Hiccup caught Freya's eye. He sat on the top of the steps, watching down with a grin. "But I'll have to get 'ta know this new Viggo."

"There's a lot to know," She said as she pulled away from the hug, watching Hiccup finally emerge from the loft area that was their room to join them.

.

.

.

Astrid POV:

My eyes wander the buildings of Berk as I make my way to the Great Hall. I'm walking past the Haddock's house when I watch Freya pull open the door and stepping out, her eyes locked on the ground and a deep blush spread across her face, paired with that signature Haddock uncomfortable grin. Seeing that look on her face, I'm certain I know what it has come from, and I feel a smirk come to my face as well. There's only one thing on this earth that can make her blush like that- Or should I say one man.