He switched off the screen. "My advice - keep both from 7 in mind. Johanna's viciousness could help or hurt us. And Alistair...let's just say it's better to have him with us than against us."

------

Alistair and Johanna stood by their chariot, ignoring their stylist's pleas to smile.

Johanna scoffed, "I'll smile when they're all dead."

Alistair smirked in agreement. Just then, Finnick Odair sauntered over. "That's the spirit!" he said charmingly, offering them a sugar cube.

Johanna and Alistair exchanged an unimpressed look. Finnick was undeterred. "Might as well enjoy some sweets before dying, right?"

Johanna walked away dismissively. Finnick popped the sugar cube in his mouth, unbothered.

"She wasn't the one I came to see anyway," he said, turning to Alistair.

"What do you want?" Alistair asked bluntly.

Finnick smirked. "They say you and Katniss are similar. But you're clearly meaner."

Alistair crossed his arms impatiently. "If you just came to waste my time-"

"I want you to ally with me," Finnick interjected. "Everyone sees District 7 as the biggest threat. Together we'd be unstoppable."

Alistair eyed him skeptically. "And why should I trust you?"

"You shouldn't," Finnick replied with a roguish grin. "But we can use each other to take the others out. Once it's just us two, may the best tribute win."

He held out his hand expectantly. Alistair considered it, then firmly pushed Finnick's hand away.

"I don't need you. I work alone."

With that, he walked off, leaving Finnick momentarily speechless. Alistair wouldn't be swayed by charming words or false promises. When it came to allies, he relied on no one but himself.

----

Alistair and Johanna stood stone-faced in their chariot as it rolled out to the adoring Capitol crowds. Neither cracked a smile for the cameras. What was there to celebrate about this twisted death pageant?

"STAR! STAR! STAR!" the people chanted when Alistair appeared. He hated that nickname they'd saddled him with, a symbol of their clueless obsession.

Alistair kept his eyes cold, his jaw set. Let them cheer, he thought bitterly. Their excitement just proved how bloodthirsty and inhuman they all were. If he had his way, he'd rain arrows down on every overdressed Capitol socialite here.

Beside him, Johanna glared venomously at the shrieking mob. Alistair knew she shared his disgust and fury. Two victors forced to parade for sheep ready to celebrate their deaths. It was revolting.

But Alistair wouldn't play the docile puppet this time. If he was reaped, he would go down tearing apart the whole sick game from within. Let them chant for their "Star" now - when he was through, the Capitol's precious system would burn.

----

Alistair and Johanna waited by the elevator, irritated by their stylist.

"Star, huh?" Johanna said wryly.

Alistair scoffed, "More like Scar. Once I'm done with them, it'll be all the Capitol has left to remember me by."

"Well, it's showtime," Johanna said as the elevator opened, revealing Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch.

They walked in. "Our stylist is useless," Johanna complained, removing her tree costume. "I'd love to put an axe in her empty head."