The loss of his loved ones shattered Alistair, leaving him consumed by a burning hatred for Snow and the Capitol's cruel institution.

As if the tragedy of his family's demise was not enough, Snow announced the 75th Hunger Games, a twisted twist that would see previous victors from each district forced back into the arena.

Alistair found himself paired with Johanna Mason, District 7's female victor, both of them dreading the thought of returning to the bloodbath they had once escaped.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Ladies and gentlemen. This is the 75th year...of the Hunger Games. It was written in the charter of the games. Every 25 years there will be a Quarter Quell. To keep fresh for each new generation the memory of those who died".

"And the uprising against the Capitol. Each Quarter Quell is distinguished by games... of a special significance. Now on this eve of ...We celebrate the third Quarter Quell"

"As a reminder that even the strongest cannot overcome the power of the Capitol".

Alistair stood stoically among District 7 as they gathered in the square. On the large screens, President Snow was making his official announcement about the twist for the 3rd Quarter Quell.

"On this, the third Quarter Quell game," Snow declared, "the male and female tributes are to be reaped from the existing pool of victors in each district."

Shocked murmurs rippled through the crowd. Alistair's hands clenched into fists, but his face remained impassive, hardened like stone.

Inside, a storm raged as he realized Snow was sending him back into the arena that had shattered him before.

The others from 7 reacted visibly to the devastating news, crying out in dismay. But Alistair kept silent, his jaw set, containing the explosive anger threatening to erupt.

After losing his entire family to Snow's vengeance, being reaped again was the ultimate punishment for defying the Capitol. Cruelly poetic. But Alistair would not let it break him. If he was forced back into the games, he would undermine them from within, no matter the cost.

As Snow's image faded from the screens, Alistair stared straight ahead, steeling himself for the fight ahead. His inner fire, reignited by injustice, burned hotter than ever. Snow would regret making him a tribute again.

--------

"The female tribute from District 7...Johanna Mason" announced the Capitol escort. At that, Johanna was seized by two Peacekeepers and dragged towards the stage, kicking and screaming violently.

"NO, LET ME GO! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!" Johanna yelled, her face contorted in rage. She thrashed against the Peacekeepers' grasp, but they held her firmly. The crowd looked on in horror as she was forced up the steps, still fighting like a caged animal.

"And now for the men," the escort continued unfazed. "The male tribute from District 7...Alistair Arrow."

At the sound of his name, Alistair's head jerked up, his eyes blazing with fury. This was not fair, he was the only living male victor of District 7.

As Peacekeepers closed in to escort him, he shook one off and shrugged off the other's grip on his arm.

"I can walk," he snarled through gritted teeth. The Peacekeepers flanked him as he strode towards the stage, muscles tensed and hands clenched.

Being torn from his district again felt like a white-hot knife twisting in his gut. He climbed the steps, back straight and head held high, while imagining all the ways he could make Snow suffer for this indignity.

He took his place next to a still-seething Johanna, their rage at this injustice hanging thick in the air. The Capitol would regret this, Alistair vowed. If he was going back to hell, he would rain down fire and vengeance upon them all.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓

𝗔𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗿 𝗔𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘄 played by Dylan O'Brien

𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗢𝗱𝗮𝗶𝗿 played by Sam Claflin

𝗣𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗮 𝗠𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗸 played by Josh Hutcherson

𝗞𝗮𝘁𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗲𝗻 played by Jennifer Lawrence

𝗝𝗼𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗠𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 played by Jena Malone

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘