43

"You ready to go home?" Ryan asked as he opened the passenger-side door for Maddy.

"More than ready," she nodded, carefully climbing in before he went to the other side and got in.

"Don't scare me like that again,"

"Not like I tried," she smiled a little, looking over at him, "Vegas and I just don't have a good track record,"

"I've noticed," he chuckled, "How do you feel?"

"Tired still,"

"My parents are bringing the kids home later, so you have time to rest a little bit before,"

She just nodded silently as she looked over all of the medications she had to take now.

They were comfortably silent the rest of the ride until Ryan pulled the Bronco into the driveway. He grabbed everything while she got herself out and unlocked the door, petting the dogs as she walked in.

"Hi babies," she smiled, petting them before giving them a treat and heading for the couch.

"You wanna lay down here? Or go up to bed?" Ryan asked as he set their stuff down to be put in the washer.

"I'll just stay here,"

"Alright, mom said she's bringing the kids around 3 so sleep while you can,"

"Is your mom gonna come stay here while you're at homestead?" She asked, yawning as she laid down.

"I think Erin is actually," he said as he sat down and moved the pillow to his lap, "Come here, I'll play with your hair for a little bit,"

"I love you,"

"I love you too Mads," he half smiled, messing with the strands of blonde hair while Maddy dozed off.

He watched TV for a while, continuously playing with Maddy's hair while she slept.

As soon as he heard the car doors opening and closing, he carefully got up, going out the front door to get the kids.

"Daddy!!" Luke yelled, running straight for him as Ryan got closer.

"Hey buddy," he said as he lifted him off the ground and hugged him tightly. "I missed you,"

"I missed you too Daddy,"

"We have to be really quiet inside okay? Mommy's still not feeling good," Ryan tried to explain, while Lisa carried the car seat over with the sleeping baby.

"What'd they say for how long she'll be down?"

"A few weeks," he sighed, setting Luke down so he could take Charley's car seat, "How were these 2?"

"Great. They watched the race with Dad and colored. Everything,"

"Thanks for taking care of them. And her, I really appreciate it, mom,"

"Of course," she smiled, hugging him tightly before she gave Luke a hug, "I'll see you later buddy,"

Once Lisa left, Ryan got the kids inside and set Charley in her swing so she could continue to sleep.

"Can I have a snack, Daddy?" Luke asked as he sat at the table with a coloring book.

"Yeah. How about some goldfish?"

"Okay," he nodded, "Then can you color wif me?"

"I think we can make that work," he nodded as he got a bowl of goldfish and set it on the table. "I'm gonna go check on Mommy and Charley and then I'll come color with you,"

Lukas nodded as he continued to scribble on the paper while Ryan went to the other room.

"Hey sweetie, kids are home," he whispered, kissing her head as she just nodded before curling up again. "Love you,"

"Mhm," she mumbled, staying in her spot as she wasn't ready to get up yet.

He went back and colored with Luke for a while before Charley was hungry and needed her bottle.

"Ry can you get her a bottle?" Maddy mumbled, getting out of the blankets and lifting their daughter out of the swing.

"Feeling any better?" He called from the kitchen as the baby Brezza easily made a bottle for the infant.

"Mhm," she nodded, patting Charley's back as she sat with her.

"Good. Here you go," he said as he came out and handed the bottle over. Lukas decided to move to the coffee table so they could all watch a movie together.

They ordered in for dinner before Ryan gave both kids a bath and they went to their beds. Charley was in a bassinet at the end of their bed but Ryan moved it so she was on his side and Maddy could hopefully sleep.

Charley woke up around midnight and had half of a bottle while Ryan texted Chase, who was still up for some odd reason.

"Texting your side chick?" Maddy joked, rolling over to face him.

"Just my bromance,"

"Which one?" She grinned, going along with their joke.

"Chase," he chuckled, "Asking how you were,"

She nodded a little as she put the pacifier back in Charley's mouth.

"She's such a good baby,"

"She looks like you. She's got your eyes, and your nose," Maddy listed off, looking at their sweet baby's face.

"But she'll have your hair,"

"She better," she chuckled, "and my personality too. Or we're gonna have a cussing toddler,"

"That could be funny,"

"Let's let her be a week old," she chuckled, jokingly swatting his arm.

"Go back to bed," he whispered, getting out of bed to put the baby back in her bassinet.

By the time Ryan was able to get Charley to sleep again, Maddy had passed out on her side of the bed but still faced Ryan's side. He checked on Luke and then Charley one more time before sliding back into bed and falling back to sleep with the rest of the family.