Ill be gentle -M-

Teeth snuck into the inside of your cheek to refrain from apologizing further. You shifted your weight from one leg to another, the straps of your heals digging into the soft flesh of your ankles.

"Are you okay?" He finally managed to speak pulling you from your own internal thoughts. "Oh yes, I didn't get time to break in my heels before today." A nervous laugh.

Bustling behind the door begun signaling it was about time for the reception to start. "Here." He relished in the subtle squeak you made hen he picked up to carry to a nearby chair.

Brushing a strand of hair behind your ear you watched while he lowered onto one knee carefully pulling the trail of your dress up to expose your feet.

"You really don't have-" words cut off by a familiar voice and your stomach dropped "Y/n what do you think you're doing? You're expected at the.." your fathers eyes met Konigs "Sorry Colonel I didn't see you there."

You were given small details about your now husband before the wedding so it wasn't much supprise he called him by his rank.

Konigs eyes narrowed before one hand wrapped around your calf sending electric jolts through your body. The other making its way expertly undoing the straps before removing the heel from your foot.

Repeating with the next his eyes went to your father "Is there something you need l/n?" You looked to Konig curiously heat rising on your body making you subtly shift.

He was gentle compared to the way he looked. "Yes y/n is expected in the main hall by the now." Your heart rate picked up not going unnoticed by Konig.

Konig scoffed "Who's expecting that from her?" He questioned his tone laced with arrogance.

He took the straps of your heels in his hands and lowered your train back down before standing fully once more. "Because I expect my wife to sit right here and let me tend to her until she's ready to make an appearance."

Your brows raised as you fought the smile that tried desperately to form. Not many put your father in his place. It was a nice change of pace.

Your fathers lips turned into a mock smile. Peering around his body you were able to make out the figure of your mother who was making no attempt to hide her grin.

"Excuse us." Konig nodded towards the hall dismissing your father who shockingly to you obliged almost immediately.

Konigs head tilted down in your direction he wasn't used to feeling this way. He kept his walls up for a reason, his presence demanding and authoritative, yet around you he couldn't bring himself to do it.

A mischievous smile crossed his lips before he tossed adjust a few of his buttons with one hand. "Let's make a deal? I'll go grab the people you need to meet real fast then we can ditch this place."

You laughed, not a forced one but genuine, making a fire light in his chest his own smile appearing. "Deal." Words spoken so softly your heart stuttered.

He left and found the people he needed. Pleasantry's were exchanged when he arrived back with his parents while you watched him and Horangi interact unsure of what they were talking about.

Shortly after he said his goodbyes. You knew your father was going to be furious. Hopefully your mom had enough drinks in her by now she's be able to drown out most of his rambling.

Before another thought could cross your mind large arms were wrapped around your body, heels still in his hand while he led you into the brisk air towards his vehicle.

Most of the ride was quiet neither knowing exactly what to say in this situation but it was comfortable. He pulled into the hotel, getting out and picking you up yet again.