Chapter 16: The Route to Escape

Start from the beginning

The captain laughed at the boy questioning if the captain actually believed he could escape the base with his treasure.

"You bet I do! We're pirates, you can't catch us." A cannon fire caused the group to take off running back to where they came from, avoiding the destruction that came their way.

After much more running, the group hid behind a large boulder. Usopp peaked up followed by (Y/N). "I don't think they can see us here you guys."

Luffy stood up, looking over the boulder "Careful! Fortress guy is just waiting for us to stick our necks out!"

"Like you're doing right now?! Get down here!" Sanji angrily said, pushing Luffy's head down.

"See that path down there. Dock 88 is on the other side of it. That's where the Going Merry's stowed." Usopp looked towards the giant bridge that stretched over the ocean.

"Yeah, but how do we get across though?" Sanji threw out the obvious question to his crew members, pointing out the sea of marines stationed along the bottom.

"Ghost girl can fly us over." Zoro suggested casually.

(Y/N) glared over at the swordsman. "Yeah and you want me to pass out from exhaustion? I can only fly for about 30 seconds at a time, remember?!!"

"Sounds like a you problem." Zoro scoffed ask (Y/N) shook him by his collar, angrily whispering why he would even ask in the first place.

"What about up there?" Luffy looked up towards the top of the bridge causing everyone to look up as well.

"Huh..." Usopp pondered his captain's suggestion. "Well it looks crossable."

"It sure does. But isn't it strange that there are no guards, it's almost like they are inviting us up there." Zoro pointed out.

"Yeah I agreed with the moss head." (Y/N)'s comment made Zoro angrily look at her. "I think we should go for it, but we should be cautious. It's most likely a trap."

"A trap?!" Usopp nervously questioned the (h/c) haired woman.

Luffy slammed his fist into his other hand. "Who cares! Let's just go for it! I'm not scared. What about you guys?"

Zoro, Sanji and (Y/N) smirked at their captain, ready to spring the trap and fight through whatever comes their way.

The three ran behind their captain while Usopp yelled, "Hey? Luffy, (Y/N), Sanji, Zoro?! Hey wait! Don't I have a say in this?! Fine!" The long nosed boy ran after his crew mates. "If you guys get caught in a trap, I'm not gonna rescue you, ya hear! And without my help, you guys are gonna die! Is that what you want?! But um; if I get caught in a trap, you guys are gonna rescue me right? Please say yes.."

The five made it to the bridge, still running on top of it. "They are gonna come out soon, be prepared." (Y/N) said to her boys that ran along side her.

Moments later a large amount of marines popped out a bush on the other side of the bridge. "Alright! There they are!!" Luffy yelled out to his crew.

Usopp started to run back in fear, but was stopped by more marines that popped out of crates and ran from the other side of the bridge.

(Y/N) tsk'ed at the amount of opponents. "They blocked us in."

Zoro looked back of the marines behind him. "Just as many behind us. Looks like we are all going to get a little work out."

"Listen up, we are getting out of here no matter what." Luffy shouted to his crew.

A man walked out among the marines. "Please allow us to introduce ourselves. We are the legendary Unit 55, and no pirate will ever cross this bridge on our watch!!"