Chapter Eleven

Victoria POV

It was a week after the Australian Grand Prix and, most importantly, a week after the Lando kiss, which he chose to ignore straight after it happened. I thought we would at least talk about the kiss after getting broke up by Logan knocking into the two of us but no when I turned up to the paddock Lando was here with some model he apparently had a thing with I guess it was my own fault thinking he felt the same way about me but I'm glad he showed his true colors because I have now squashed whatever those feelings were.

"We're going home next week," Logan wraps his arms around my shoulders as I pull my eyes away from Lando and his model.

"That we are," I reply.

"You don't seem like yourself," he looks over to Mclaren garage "is it because of the kiss," I gasped, stopping in my tracks.

"You know,"

"I bumped into you, of course, I know," he replies. "He's ignoring you?"

"He's got a new play thing," I say, nodding over. "It's fine,"

"You like him,"

"Define like," he raises his eyebrow. "I'm trying my hardest not to and to forget I kissed that man,"

"You're too good for him anyway," I laugh, "but we have to talk about it. This is the first guy you've liked since," I shake my head.

"I thought we promised not to speak of that name,"

"Fine, I won't say it, but we should talk about Lando,"

"I don't really want to,"

"Will you ever let anyone in?"

"I let you in," he smiles at me.

"You're my best friend. Of course, you let me in. I mean, let someone in romantically someone other than me and Oscar,"

"I don't know, maybe when someone shows me there worth it,"

"Come on, Vic, let's get you to your garage," he wraps his arm around my shoulders again, dragging me towards ferrari.

~~~~~~~~

"Charles, are you okay?" I knocked on his drivers door he had a bad qualifying.

"You can come in," he speaks. I open his door, finding him sitting with his back against the wall.

"It wasn't your fault," I say.

"I crashed us both out. How aren't you pissed at me?"

"Because it wasn't your fault your tire went out, and I was in front of you," I say "you couldn't have done anything else even if you tried," he shakes his head.

"I ruined your qualifying," I laugh.

"It's about time someone other than myself ruined it," he lets out a small laugh. "Don't beat yourself up. I'm not pissed at you,"

"You'd be pissed if I was Norris,"

"He's not my teammate," he nods "besides I like you way more than him,"

"I'm the lucky one then," he smiles. "Thanks for coming in here trying to cheer me up,"

"Did it work?"

"Kind of," I stand up, holding my hand out for him to take, which he does, then pull him up.

"We need to get to media now. Remember what I said, not your fault,"

"Not my fault, got it," he nods as we head out of his drivers room.

~~~~~~~

"Victoria, nice to see you again," the reporter says. I smile. "Tough qualifying today," he speaks. "Your teammate crashing into you isn't what you wanted today, was it,"

"I mean, it is what it is nothing either one of us could have done to prevent it." I speak

"You're not annoyed he's ruined your chance of being in the top ten? You're now starting near the bottom of the grid,"

"I honestly think Charles did me a favour he knows I do better when I have a challenge ahead of me so really he only did it for my best interest," I smile at him not giving him what he wants I wasn't annoyed at all by Charles it honestly wasn't his fault but I knew people would try and twist things so that they have a headline.

"You won't give us anything else on the matter?"

"What else is there to give," the reporter whose name I keep forgetting huffs leaving the subject.

"That will be all thank you, Victoria,"

"Always a pleasure," I smile, turning to walk away. "Dick," I mumble under my breath.

"He is, isn't he," I jump slightly as I hear Landos voice in my ear.

"Do you always creep up on people?"

"I wouldn't call it creeping up on you," he says, walking beside me out of the media tent.

"Is there something you need, Norris?"

"Nope," he says, swaying his arms.

"Then why are you following me?"

"We just happen to be going the same way,"

"To the Ferrari garage, I must have missed the briefing that you were joining our team,"

"Your forgetting my garage is next door," I roll my eyes. "Have you been avoiding me?"

"I normally don't like your presence anyway. What would I be avoiding you for?"

"Last week, maybe?" I raise my eyebrows,"the kiss,"

"You mean the dare?"

"The dare?" I nod.

"I told you I don't back out of a dare no matter how bad that dare might have been," I lie.

"Right, I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page," he says. "Didn't want you thinking I wanted to kiss you? I wanted to call you out on your bluff,"

"Well, at least you know it wasn't a bluff, but I'm glad we got it sorted out that neither of us wanted to kiss one another,"

"Yep," he says, "see you round Carter," he says, walking to Mclaren.

"See you around, Norris," I speak.