Chapter Nineteen: The Endgame

Start from the beginning

The south of France had definitely agreed with Diana and Charles was happy to see her find her feet, she deserved her own happiness after everything that had happened between them. 

"Thank you," Diana said, she looked upon the man that had been her husband for fifteen years and she wondered what the future might hold for the two of them. 

They would always be linked by their children and Diana accepted that, they coparented well now and she would always care for Charles as the father of her three children. 

William, Harry and Adeline deserved their parents being on good terms after spending two years trapped watching them attack one another in the press. 

"Promise that you will call me," Diana insisted wrapping her arms around William, he kissed the top of his head and looked down at Harry who was stood beside his older brother.

It made her sad that they were disappearing off with their father but she couldn't deny them this not when they had spent two weeks with her in the South of France. 

"We will," William promised knowing that no matter what they were doing, they would happily talk to their mother when she called to speak to them in Balmoral. 

There were all sorts of activities planned for them and their cousins, they would spend their time deer stalking, hiking and all sorts of outdoor activities that they enjoyed while they visited the Queen's Scottish residence. 

Pulling away from William, Diana ducked down to wrap her arms around Adeline and drew her into a hug; she held her daughter close, giving her a big squeeze. 

"I love you so much," Diana said hugging her daughter, she didn't know what it was but she felt like she wasn't going to see her again despite the fact that they would see each other again in about a month's time. 

This year seemed to be flying by before she knew it, Diana wished that she could press pause so that she could stop her children growing up so fast; she nearly had three teenagers in her home. 

"Love you too mummy," Adeline said hugging her back, she held on tightly to her mother who she had definitely grown closer to in recent months and she thrilled when they got to spend one on one time together. 

Diana still felt like she had a lot to offer the UK, she was determined to find a way to use her gifts for the country and she was eager to find herself an official position in all of this. 

Although the royals were reluctant to offer one, they insisted that one could not be half-in, half-out as a working royal while she would always be welcome at the palace because of her children, she was finding herself on the outside of the royal family. 

Diana pulled back sharing a final smile with Adeline before allowing Charles to take the children, she took a step back as Charles gathered their things and made their way out to the car. 

It stung watching her ex-husband take the children but she knew that she would have to get used to it, afterall she had her own plans for this summer. 

***

St. Tropez, France

"Let me spell out what is at stake. If you were to marry this girl, overnight you would become a giant. A colossus. You will have money and power beyond your wildest dreams. And you would finally be my equal," Mohamed stated staring at his sun, the two of them stood on his yacht as they spoke. 

They had just received word that Diana would be returning to join them, it was the opportunity that he was eager to have and he knew that Dodi would bend to his will and it helped that his fiancée wasn't around. 

"Your equal? Really? How?" Dodi scoffed with a shake of his head, he didn't believe that for a second and his father had never offered him such a thing without wanting something in return. 

He refused to give his blessing for Dodi to marry Kelly, he was dismissive of his son's desires to marry the model despite his second wife also being a model which his father swore was different. 

"Because I would make you my partner. In everything. The whole company," Mohamed stated knowing that he would do anything if his son talk his advice and did what he wanted now, everything was falling into place. 

His very dreams were on the verge of coming true and it all lingered on Dodi to make it happen, he wanted nothing more than the best for his first burn. 

"You've never offered that before," Dodi said shaking his head and turning his back on his father, he couldn't deny that he longed for what his father was offering; so that he would never have to beg his father for money ever again. 

Mohamed sighed, he stared at his son who for some time had been a great disappointment to him before fishing out the item that he had bought and moved to hand it to his son. 

"You never deserved it before. Marrying her would eclipse everything I have ever achieved. The Ritz in Paris. Harrods. Everything," Mohamed said moving to hand his son the engagement ring that he had bought. 

Dodi stared down on it, his stomach dropping as he realised just what his father wanted him to do.