Chapter Two - Building Courage

Start from the beginning

"I know, I know, I just .....'

Virat felt so frustrated that he placed his hot cocoa beside him and planted his face against his hand, hiding himself away from what he thought would be judgment from the woman he has come to really care about and think the world off. He can't have another person who is important to him think any less of him.

Sai felt really bad for him and realised that he was having a harder time than he was letting on, she placed her hands on his shoulders reassuringly and told him "Listen, I know it's not any of my business and you don't have to tell me, but sometimes getting a third person's view who is removed from that situation can help"

"Idon'twantyoutothinkiamabadperson" He mumbled, against his hands.

"I know I am pretty talented, but unfortunately understanding muffled words isn't one of my talents" She teased.

Moving his hands from his face he glared at her, "I said I don't want you to think I am a bad person"

For a police officer, he can be really stupid Sai thought shaking her head. "After everything you have done for me and my Aaba, and everything you are still doing, especially to get Jagtap behind the bars, I can think of many adjectives to describe you, but a bad person isn't one of them"

Virat wasn't expecting that, and as he looked at her he was confident that she meant it. That was one of Sai's many great assets, she wasn't a liar, and regardless how hard or harsh the truth can be, she always maintained her honesty. So knowing that her opinion on him wouldn't change no matter what he told her, Virat spilled out his heart and told her about meeting Pakhi in a yoga resort, and falling in love with her, to losing her number and then finding out she was getting married to his brother and his ultimum sacrifice for his brothers happiness that made him promise something that he is unsure whether he can keep.

After telling her everything Virat felt calm within him and he was so grateful that he was able to speak to someone about all that has happened. Keeping it all in had started to take a toll on him and he found himself thinking about the shit hole he put himself in day in and day out causing him nothing but misery.

"So there you go, now you know. Do you still think I'm not a bad person" He asked

Throughout Virat retelling his story, Sai had felt many emotions; awe, sadness, anger, another emotion that she didn't want to linger too much on, but when he told her about the 'vaada' he made, she couldn't help the laughter that was bubbling in her chest.

Now looking at him so downfallen, she knew it wasn't the best reaction, nor was it right but she couldn't help it and she burst out laughing uncontrollably, shocking Virat.

"Tum haas rahi ho!' He exclaimed, aghast. "I've created a mess in my life and you are laughing'

"You definitely have created a mess in your life" She said in between her laughs, "I can't believe that you made a promise to not let any other women in your life for a woman who you've only known for 2.5 days" She exclaimed.

"Sai this is not funny!"

Seeing Virat get angry, Sai calmed her self and stated, "You are right, it's not funny and I am sorry for laughing, but no offence, how stupid can you get?"

"Excuse me?' He snapped, glaring at her.

"Don't look at me like that! You know that you've been stupid but you are in denial" She stated, "No one, absolutely no one can fall in love with someone so deeply in 2.5 days that they promise their life to them. Aap me kya soch ke Pakhi se yeh promise kiya? Did you think you were doing something great?" She asked.

"What else could I have done, she wouldn't have married my brother otherwise, I did this for Samrat" He explained, annoyed at her questioning.

"And who gave you the right to make that decision?' She asked, "What made you think that Samrat would have been okay with you making that kind of choice for him?'

'He wasn't supposed to know" Virat whispered dejected.

"Stuff like this doesn't stay hidden for long. You could not have expected him to not find out, when one day you would have returned home and your ex whatever would have been mooning at you, he would have realised" She said, exhasperated that the man she thought was so intelligent could do something so idiotic.

"Are you done lecturing me, do you have any ideas how I can fix this?' He growled.

"Stop hiding away from your mistakes and your past and just be upfront with him' She advised. "The longer you leave it, the angrier he will get and it will end up destroying your relationship. Aap dono bhai kha rishta kaisa hain mein nahin jaanti, but I have noticed your love for him, and I am sure he would realise that as stupid as your actions were it came from the right place. Just be honest with him'

*End Flash Back*

"Chal beta Virat, it's time to face the music" He sighed, and climbed out the Jeep, making his mind up that he will speak to his Jeeva and clear all misunderstandings and hopefully all three of them could move on happily in their lives.