chapter twenty seven

Start from the beginning

"at the start of every game, everyone will be given a card. eleven of us will get a crewmate card with a list of tasks to complete, and two will be the imposters among us," elena explained. "for the crewmates they have to complete tasks around the house to win the game. the tasks are very random, because for some reason we stupidly let mason and declan come up with them."

mason gasped. "i think they're very good!"

"tell the viewers the tasks then."

declan sighed as he pushed elena out of the way so he could stand front centre. "so what you have to do is ten keepie-uppies, toss five beanbags into a bucket from a set distance, stack loads of cups up to make a pyramid, eat a spoonful of hot sauce; solve a puzzle, recreate a tiktok dance, land a bottle flip, complete a quick word search, and put together a 3D shape."

levi scoffed. "that's the lamest list ever."

"okay but you know what else is lame? your face!" mason argued as a harsh BOOM effect was edited over the clip, everyone's eyes widening in obvious amusement. "yeah, that's what i thought. cunt."

"in the nicest way possible, no it's not," jude said with a slight raise of his hand, the girls nodding in agreement. levi smiled and winked at mason, who rolled his eyes.

"oh and this is levi by the way," elena said as she pointed at the man who waved. "he's the latest — and the last — addition to our group!"

"did you know he met a camel!" jack stated with a bright smile as he threw his arms around the boy. everyone paused and sighed at his comment.

"bro, what's your obsession with camels!"

CUT SCENE

"i've honestly got nothing else so say..." elena said, putting her hand to her chin and trying to think of what else she could say as trent and jude started to giggle and pull faces at her behind her back.

"how many rounds are we doing?"

"that's what she said!"

the video then froze and individually zoomed in on everyone's judgmental side-eye aimed towards a very proud emily, the android ringtone playing over their reactions as a loading sign popped up on the screen before the video went back to normal.

CUT SCENE

elena had handed everyone an envelope for them to find out if they were an imposter or crewmate. they all turned on their phones and ran off, separating themselves so they could open their envelopes in peace without anyone seeing.

elena opened her envelope and groaned. "fuck off, why do i have to be a crewmate?" she asked herself and angrily shook her head, looking over at the list of tasks she had to do.

the camera then switched to jude's pov. he stood in elena's bathroom and propped up his phone against the counter. he ripped open his envelope, staring at it for a moment before he squealed and jumped up and down in excitement, showing his phone the word imposter boldly displayed.

"GET IN! I'VE BEEN WANTING TO KILL THESE CUNTS FOR AGES!"

the video then cut to the infamous sound "what do you mean by that?... what do you mean by that?" before cutting back to jude celebrating.