CH.3 BURIED HEART

Start from the beginning

"She asked me to go out with her!" Hanni exclaimed, for some time she'd been hiding feelings from Minji, the girl was tall, good-looking, musically inclined, sporty, and overall perfect, who wouldn't fall for that? "Jeez unnie, chill out will ya?" Hyein visibly tired from watching her energetic best friend jump up and down from the bed "Hey! You'll understand once you fall in love" "As if" Hyein rolls her eyes, contrasting personalities that provided a seemingly perfect friendship, the idealistic and optimistic Pham Hanni, and the Realistic and Mature Lee Hyein. Guess who's younger.

"I hope everything goes well, maybe after a date or two, we'll be official, then after that we'll graduate as a couple, then after that go to college together, THEN AFTER THAT-" Hanni stops for a minute to catch her breathe "After that we'll get married and live happily ever after" Hyein's face turns sour, sure she was glad her friend got asked out by someone, her crush nonetheless, but she thinks that it's too early to decide whether it will end well. "You and your realism" Hanni finally sat down, the girl was energetic but was also tired "Let's just hope it goes well first, after the college part and you're still together, we'll talk" Hyein left her study desk and sat beside her friend. That college part didn't even happen.

Hanni's Point Of View

"Deep in our thoughts, are we?" You got started by the sudden presence, you looked around and noticed that everyone in your theater room was gone, your professor was now looking at you worriedly "Ms. Park! I'm sorry" "Hey it's okay, tired? Sorry, I had to appoint you co-director for the film" She sat beside you, trying to emit comfort "It's okay, I need the experience anyway, and I have Yunjin, so work it a bit light" Her professor that she considers her mentor was like her mother figure at uni, she runs to her for advice about anything. "That's good to hear, you look like death Hanni rest from time to time" " Death was a bit much professor!" We laughed together and joked around a bit more.

Narrator's Point Of View

Flashback

"Haerin-ah" Danielle calls out her lover with groggy eyes and a hoarse voice, Indicating her 'just woke up ' state "Baby? Come back to bed please" She calls again, yet no answer is given, she sits up and finds Haerin deep in slumber on her table, her gaze softening 'Damn it Haerin, why'd you have to overwork yourself all the time' Danielle leaves the bed and walks over to the sleeping girl, she saw unfinished sketches, crumpled papers, and pencil shavings. "Baby, come to bed please," She shook her gently, the latter woke up but her mind was too clouded with sleepiness "Baby" Danielle called again "I'm sorry" Haerin suddenly felt tears running down her face "What, baby?" "I don't know how to be enough" Danielle was stunned, she remembered the conversation she heard earlier from Haerin and Mr. Kang. She wasn't supposed to eavesdrop, she did it accidentally.

"I'm not putting you through high school just so you can become some lousy artist, Haerin!" A man shouted at her daughter, disappointed at her decision to go to art school. "I'm not a lousy artist, grandfather was one too!" "LOOK AT HIM NOW, WHERE IS HE?!" Haerin stops, tears falling from her face, her heart breaking into pieces, to think her father, flesh and blood, told her she wasn't going to make out of anything "I'm putting you through a proper education, so you can become like us, Professionals, not become like him" Him being his grandfather. "You'll achieve nothing with this, You're a Kang, don't ruin our name" Her father walks out, leaving her in dust. "I'm really a disappointment to you" she mumbles to herself.

"Hello?" Chaewon knocks at the already open door, but she receives no response from her student, Haerin is just standing there, looking through the window deep in thought. She invites herself into the latter's office, inching closer to the girl she senses a gloomy aura "Haerin" she calls out again, this time placing her hand on the latter's shoulder to wake her up from her daze "Huh? How long have you been here" "Not long, I was actually knocking but you weren't answering" She fixes the girl's disheveled coat and her messy hair "Neatness is a must on my book, remember" She reminds her student again "Sorry Dr. Kim" Haerin was too tired to even care about anything else "Funny right, I haven't even graduated nor made something out of myself yet I have a damn big office already " Haerin' bitter tone sent Chaewon to worry about her even more "Put a king size bed in here and I'll own it" Chaewon joked around trying to lighten the girl's mood "Talk about being the spoiled daughter of the owner" Haerin added, referring to herself. Haerin sighs and turns to leave her own office, her miserable cave of reality. "No matter your status, your money, and your intelligence, stay humble Kang Haerin. It's not the coat that makes you who you are, it's you."

.

.

.

.

.

.

Note: Bit of a flashback for our beloved daerin<3. I hope you like it. I apologize in advance for any mistakes:) Hyein knows Hanni? I'm surprised as well.