Chapter 41- Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"Just make sure she knows how much I love her okay?" I say feeling myself slipping further from the dream-like state.

"No don't you dare wake up!" Loki bellows trying to pick me up but I slip from his hands causing both of us to gasp the warm grass disappearing under me forcing me in a descending fall.

I scream as the sunlight fades as Loki roars my name in panic before my body sings water.

The sudden slap stings my body as my mind screams to battle against the waves but instead, I close my eyes trying to find warmth in the moving water letting the tingles begin to disappear in the coolness accepting my fate.

I don't fight it not even as my body sinks.

Not even as something moves against me from under the water.

Not until familiar arms wrap around me dragging me under water forcing me to swallow air loads of water causing my chest to fume the promise of my lungs bursting is adamant as my vision blurs under the burn of the water.

"Fairy"

"I told you to be careful!" Loki's voice pulls me awake and for a minute I wonder if I am still dreaming until I hear her.

Her cry causes me to open my eyes my mind screaming to go to her but as I look around I don't see her making my heart pick up.

Is she okay?

"You are getting soft" I hear the other Strange scoff his back to me as I try to sit up but fail my body feels like it will rip apart with too much movement so I fall back closing my eyes tears streaming down my face knowing what is coming next.

This is it.

"She was pregnant! and Morgan is in the other room-"

"That is not our Morgan!"

"And if someone was doing the same thing to our mate?" Loki spits back "What if they were doing the same thing to our Morgan? You would destroy them! You would not stop till they and everyone they love died! Admit it"

"Of course I would!" Strange snaps back "but we have gone too far to do what is right by others... Maybe once upon of time but now we have obliterated too many galaxies for her. It's too late to be the good guys! We did things no heroes would ever cross" Strange sighs making Loki huff.

"It's never too late to be the good guys! I became good didn't I? What if she is like this one? What if it backfires like it did for Seth-"

"We are not Seth! And our mate is not Fae!" Strange snaps offendedly before taking in a deep breath.

"Look we only have 10 minutes left before the bridge closes! We have messed with this timeline long enough so she needs to wake up-" Strange says but stops looking back only to tense when he notices me already awake.

I watch as an embarrassed look covers his expression but it's gone as soon as it comes.

"Is she okay?" I whisper detesting the feeling of sudden loss inside my stomach.

"She is fine" Loki whispers his voice softening at the relieved hitch in my breath.

Seth had been right.

It's a girl.

"Where is she?"

"She is here" Strange says fully turning and I sharply breathe in when I see him holding my baby.

The man who once delivered me now delivered my daughter but I'll be dammed if I ever let this happen to her.

History won't repeat again.