"Ahh, seriously? I guess." I yawned out. She smiled and nodded, shutting the door while doing so. I got up and grabbed my clean uniform that my mom washed for me. What would I do without her?

Sooner or later, my backpack was on, and I was out the door. I slowly walked to school, and I noticed the sad atmosphere for some reason.

Entering the school doors, I went straight to class. I needed to move my seats, because I didn't want to sit next to Katrina.

"Ah, Miles, you're early today!" The physics teacher smiled and tapped her foot. "What's the occasion?"

"I was wondering if I could change my seat." I spoke quietly. She nodded and grabbed her seating chart. "Yeah, there's an open seat next to Y/N. Is that fine?"

I nodded and went to take my seat. About 5 minutes or so later, Katrina walked in and stared at me. Scary.

She rolled her eyes and plopped down in her seat, grabbing her phone and viciously typing.

And about 2 minutes later, Jackson came in with a sad expression. I reached out to him.

"Yo."

"Miles? What's up." He mumbled. His eyes were a little glossy, which makes me wonder.

"Why you look sad?" I scooted back in my seat a little and yawned. Jackson just rolled his eyes.

"Dude." He sighed. "My future girlfriends dad is literally on the verge of dying. Are you asking me to be happy about that??"

"Future girlfriend?" I slightly snickered. "I never said that."

"Well, that's what it feels like you're implying." He turned and walked to his seat. Damn, someone has a fucking attitude.

Aaannnddd, not a second after Jackson sat down, Y/N walked in. She was holding gifts and flowers. Her face was a little puffy and red.

When she saw me sitting next to her seat, she rolled her eyes. She pulled her chair out and scooted it the furthest away from me.

So I internally sighed and looked her over. "Y/N, I want to talk to you about last night." And once again, she rolled her eyes and hummed in response. "I didn't mean to say that to you, I wasn't thinking."

"Mhm." She responded. She seemed very uninterested. I watched as she pulled out her phone and texted Jackson.

"And uhmmm..." I watched as she texted him and smiled. "And I wanted to apologize for how I've been acting."

A few more seconds later, she sighed and put down her phone. She slowly turned her head toward me with a stoic expression plastered on her face. "Go on."

I began speaking again. "And I realize my mistakes, and I want to fix things with you...?" I internally hated myself because the way I said it made me sound unsure.

Y/N tilted her head sideways as her eyebrow slightly rose. "Yeah? How so?"

The big question that I have been waiting to ask her since Monday. But Katrina got in the way and ruined everything. "I wanted to ask you to the dance. Would that work?"

Her head returned back into its normal position as she shrugged. "I guess you can."

And I smiled. I don't know if things are better between us, I hope they are, but I know things might be improving.

So the bell rang, and I was quickly doing the work and following along in the lesson. I noticed that Y/N was struggling to keep up.

Déjà vu?

"Do you need help?" I whispered at her. She grunted and rolled her eyes.

"Sure. Let me see your notes." She whispered back. I happily slid them over and watched her quickly begin to copy them down.