{18} MIRROR OF ERASED

Start from the beginning

Mia: But, Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it.

"I was not," Snape said through gritted teeth, his frustration evident.

Mia, Ron, and Hermione exchanged knowing glances, interpreting Snape's reaction in their own ways. Ron couldn't help but smile, finding amusement in Snape's visible vexation.

Hermione caught Ron's reaction and promptly smacked him on the arm, shaking her head disapprovingly.

Mia chuckled at the exchange between her friends, finding lighthearted amusement whatever they do

Hagrid: Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher.

"Yeah, a Hogwarts teacher that tries to kill her multiple times," Ron exclaimed animatedly.

"What!" Remus and Sirius exclaimed in unison, their brows furrowing with concern as they looked to Mia for an explanation.

"What do you mean, multiple times?" Remus inquired slowly, trying to grasp the gravity of Mia's statement.

"It's not him!" Mia interjected, determined to defend him.

Unconvinced by her response, Sirius probed further, "There was another professor?"

Mia hesitated, avoiding eye contact as she nodded in confirmation. Remus and Sirius exchanged a troubled look.

Hermione: Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking.
Mia: Exactly.
Hagrid: [Sighs] Now, you listen to me, all three of yeh. Yer meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel.

The teachers all shouted "Hagrid!" in unison, showing their exasperation.

Sirius turned to Remus and asked, "Who is Nicholas Flamel, for Merlin's sake?"

"I... don't have the faintest idea," Remus conceded, sounding defeated.

"He might as well spill the beans now," George sighed in resignation.

"And thank goodness we did, otherwise the situation would be a lot worse than it already is,"

Mia: [Curious and turns to Ron then back to Hagrid] Nicholas Flamel?
Hagrid: [Mumbles to himself] I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that. [He then leaves, mumbling to himself "I should have not said that"]

Fred and George shared a furtive glance across the room and wordlessly agreed that any secret they had would be confided in Hagrid. Their eyes met, and in that moment, an unspoken understanding formed between the mischievous twins.

Mia caught sight of their exchange and, recognizing the mischief in their eyes, she shook her head with a wry smile. "Boys," she warned.

Mia: Nicholas Flamel. [Turns to Hermione] Who's Nicholas Flamel?
Hermione: I don't know. [Shakes her head]

"Ladies and gentlemen, you've just witnessed Hermione not knowing something for the first time," Ron chuckled.

The students, familiar with Hermione's usual knowledge, and the adults, looked at her in disbelief.

"I've never heard you say that before," Ginny said, surprised.

"Think about how lost we were when it happened," Mia added. "We really relied on her."

Ron nodded in agreement.

They all realized how much they relied on Hermione's expertise.

"They're not gonna stop until they know, you know," Dean said knowingly, observing the exchange between the trio in the scene. His words elicited a shared smile among the three friends, and they let out a small laugh in response.