The Winter Breaking of Harmony and Lavender Part Five

Start from the beginning

I was about to tell Harmony this but I stopped myself before I said anything.

As much as Auburn frustrated me, he was still my brother and I didn’t feel right telling his secret to anyone even if it was Harmony asking.

“That’s because I know them both. They wouldn’t do something like this” I said.

An annoyed look spread across Harmony’s face

“You’re taking her side again” she said in a slightly peeved voice.

“I’m not taking sides, I’m just thinking rationally.” I said, my voice coming out slightly more cold then I intended it to.

Harmony jerked her hand out of mine

“So you’re saying I’m not being reasonable?” she said annoyed.

She was getting angry again.

“Harmony, why do you keep getting aggravated with me so easily today?” I asked.

She sighed and gently ran a hand over her head.

“I’m just not having a good day” she said.

“Well don’t take it out on me” I was getting slightly tired of being snapped at today by her.

“I get yelled at enough at home, I don’t need it here too” I confessed.

Harmony’s jewel blue eyes darkened at my words. 

“I’m sorry Lavender I didn’t mean-”

“Its fine” I interrupted her.

“I’m sorry I’ve been acting like a bitch to you, maybe I should just get some sleep or something” She ran a hand through her hair again.

“If you think that would make you feel better, then you should go to bed” I advised.

Harmony nodded then got up, changed into something to sleep in, then she laid down on her bed with her back facing me. 

“And for the record, I don’t think you’re a bitch. You’re just having a bad day.” I said.

She didn’t respond but I saw her shoulders and arms stiffen slightly at my words, as if she was tensely holding on to the blankets.

As I started at her, I had the sudden urge to just crawl in bed next to her and tightly wrap my arms around her. To tell her how much I loved her, even if we argued today…

But I knew she was not feeling too positive right now, so she probably would rather me leave her alone till morning. So instead I picked up a book from my bag and started to read, leavening Harmony alone with her thoughts.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

The next afternoon Madison sat on her bed with an ice pack pressed lightly against her throbbing face.

Erika and Auburn sat on the floor of her room not saying a word and just keeping to themselves.

Auburn was absorbed in some text message he was sending, oblivious to everyone else in the room. Why was he here in the first place?

Psh, what a bothersome boy.

Erika was also sitting on the floor as well but unlike Auburn she was directly next to me, with her back pressed against the bed I was sitting on. She had a worn out looking sketch pad on her lap and was drawing something on it that I couldn’t quite recognize.