The Dragon's Atlantis sailed across still, crystal blue waters. Above, a clear blue sky with hints of pink and orange was all that could be seen for miles.

Captain Chase stood at the helm, her first mate and close friend beside her.

Corbin looked out across the sea. "Captain, these-"

She cut him off. "Say nothing about the waters, mate. Lest you damn us to Davy Jones' Locker."

He sighed. "Very well."

"Land ho!" a crewmember yelled from the crow's nest.

The captain pulled out her telescope and studied the shoreline looming closer. She smirked and said, "Arden."

🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

Meanwhile, Prince Adriel stormed out of the castle, his mother chasing after him. "Take a moment and reconsider. Please."

Adriel turned with a frown. "I don't want to rule, Mother. I never have."

"It's your duty, son."

"A pointless, stupid one."

She let out a sigh. "It's not stupid, or pointless. Where are you off to?"

"I'm getting some air, and I need to think."

"Don't be too long."

A small smile crossed his lips. "Never, Mother. I'll be back before supper."

🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

The Dragon's Atlantis docked and the anchor was lowered.

Captain Chase looked her crew in the eye. "Pillage and plunder away, but do not harm the women and children. I find you have, and you'll take an eternal swim with Davy Jones himself."

Her crew nodded.

The crew departed the ship and spread out across town.

Captain Chase entered a tavern to replenish the rum supply, as she deemed that incredibly important, and was knocked into by a young man with a cloak on.

"Watch it," she spat.

The young man studied her and said, "You're a pirate, aren't you."

"What gave it away? The attire?"

"No, it's something about you. But the attire certainly helps."

"What do you want?"

"I want to come with you."

She scoffed. "I don't sail with royalty."

"I'm not... I'm not royalty."

She pretended to look sympathetic. "It's your first time running, is it not? Mate, do yourself a favour and go home."

As she walked away, he grabbed her wrist. "Please. Let me set sail with you."

Her gaze shifted from his hand to his eyes. "Take your hand off me."

Adriel pulled his hand away. "Please."

"You don't understand, do you. I refuse to sail with a spoiled prince."

She got her barrel of rum and left.

Adriel followed her. "Let me help."

Captain Chase drew her sword and pointed it at his heart. "Leave me alone, you bloody bastard!"

"Now is that any way to speak to a prince?"

"You said you weren't a prince. Now you say you are. Are you a prince or are you not, Adriel?"

Adriel frowned. "How do you know my name?"

"I take it upon myself to learn things about the towns I go to. Arden I know better than most."

"And why would that be?"

She didn't answer and instead turned away. All she could do was ignore him and pray he didn't figure out who she truly was.

Adriel reached out for her again, but was stopped by Corbin. "Don't touch her," he said.

"Who are you?"

"Captain Chase's First Mate. Captain, shall he be taken aboard?"

Captain Chase studied the prince and nodded. "Aye. Bind him when we've climbed aboard."

Adriel's hands were tied with a rope as he followed the most infamous pirate the land had ever known.

On the Dragon's Atlantis, he was tied to a pole.

Captain Chase crouched in front of him as she tapped her nails on her sword. "Why do you insist on following me?"

"Because something about you is familiar," Adriel said.

"Familiar?"

He nodded. "I can't explain it, but there's something about you. Like perhaps we knew each other many years before."

Her jaw clenched. "You know nothing about me, Highness."

Corbin walked up. "Captain, we're ready to set sail."

Captain Chase nodded. "Hoist the sails." She turned to Adriel. "Well, Your Highness, I guess we're kidnapping you."

Adriel looked up at her. "You know, you're not as bad as people say you are."

As Captain Chase walked away, she replied with a devious smirk, "No. I'm worse."