𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿. ( pretty like this )

Start from the beginning

"it's..." laci laughed, "that's- it's pronounced exponent."

matt blinked, "i knew that."

laci closed the book, breathing deeply. "let's take a break."

"just when we were starting to get close," he tutted.

she gave him an annoyed look, "aha, you've got jokes."

"it's a natural talent."

they debated between their two ideas, laci having suggested watching thumbelina, while matt decided on playing twenty questions. but, because her mother had raised her to do what the guest wanted, she obliged.

matt asked the first question, "what's your favorite color?"

"ugh, too personal," she joked.

"no, seriously though." matt pushed, "what is it?"

laci blinked, "you really can't tell?"

matt looked around, noticing how ninety percent of her room was decorated in pink. his gaze then switched to laci, and not only did she have pink streaks in her hair, but she was dressed in light pink pajama pants, a hot pink hoodie, and pink bunny slippers. "wow, that is...a lot of pink."

"uh huh," she ran her tongue over her bottom lip. "okay, what do you do for fun. y'know besides dreaming about my room."

"i do not dream about your room," matt huffed. "but to answer your question, i play the electric guitar."

"you do?" she questioned, actually shocked.

matt rose an eyebrow, "is it really that shocking?"

"i just wouldn't expect you to play such a—" sexy instrument, is what she would've said. but instead, she chose to go with— "metal...? instrument."

"what can i say? i'm quick with my fingers." he wiggled his fingers, and joking smile on his face.

laci's jaw slightly dropped. "oh my, that's perfect." she uttered. she'd suddenly became the elementary version of herself all over again.

"sorry, what?"

she cleared her throat, "i said that's cool."

"oh." he leant back slightly, resting on his elbows. "i guess it is. i'm usually busy with me and my brother's youtube channel, though."

"chris and nick," laci spoke fondly. she'd worked on a few art projects with chris before, and nick had been in her class all throughout elementary and middle school.

matt nodded. he didn't know how his brothers had managed to be friends with her and still the two of them had barely had a real conversation before this year.

he asked laci about how she was doing with the whole cassie and bryce dating thing. they'd made a not so-soft launch on instagram and everyone had seen it. most of the comments were people on laci's side, and the people that weren't on her side were attacked by the ones that were.

"i'm fine...i guess?" she popped a bubble with her gum, driving matt's attention to her lips. "she called me the other day and tried apologizing; then i told her i wanted nothing to do with her—" she ranted, "and then she called me a selfish bitch and i was like 'well, it takes one to know one...' and she was like 'nuh uh' and i was like 'yeah uh huh'!"