5; What is the surprise?

A/N: Do check the part titled Author's Note before reading this.

Meerab was going up to the kitchen to get breakfast for herself and Murtasim when she ran into Haya in the lobby. She was wearing her chadar, with Feena holding her trolly behind her, likely leaving for her paternal home as per Murtasim's orders.

"Khush to bohot hogi tum?", Meerab tried to move past them when Haya remarked at her which made Meerab turn towards her. "Murtasim ko mere khilaaf bhadka ke".

"Haya madam, Murtasim ko maine nahi aapki harkaton ne bhadkaya hai, aapki harkaton ka natija hai ye", Meerab said with a smirk on her face, folding her arms on her chest. "Tumhe kya laga, tum gunaah karti rahogi aur khuda ki lathi tum par nahi padegi? Ye qudrat ka nizaam nahi hai."

Haya looked at her with venom in her eyes, "Laathi to tumhe main bataungi, don't ever think that you won, Murtasim mera hai, he'll be mine one day, come what may".

Meerab shook her head slightly, " Tch, tch, tch, you're unbelievable, Haya. Itna sab kuch ho jaane ke bawajood tumhe abhi bhi zara si sharam nahi hai? Manna padega tumhare dheetpan ko. That man is head over heels in love with me, he is punishing you for hurting me and his sister and you still have that dream? At this point, I can only laugh at you".

"Has lo Meerab, abhi tumhara waqt hai, par mera bhi ayega, tab main hasungi, aur tum ro'ogi", Haya replied, not letting the defeat get to her.

"Tumhara waqt ab gaya Haya madam, aur ab tumhara bhi iss ghar se jaane ka time aa gaya hai, chalo jao", Meerab smugly gestured towards the gateway.

Haya gave her a death stare and Meerab kept smirking at her all the while Haya stared until Bakhtu entered, reminding Haya that they have to leave. A drop of tear fell down Haya's cheek and she quickly turned her head away from Meerab's and went out with Feena behind her.

_______

Meerab entered the room, only to find Murtasim shirtless, with a towel wrapped around his middle and an audible gasp escaped her mouth as she realised Feena was coming inside with their brunch trolly.

She ran and pushed Murtasim in the bathroom, who took hold of her hand and pulled her inside with him. Before their bodies could clash she put her hand on his chest so as to put a barrier between their fronts. Still reeling from the push, Murtasim held her through her waist and tried to stabilise them. And then with a raise of his eyebrow, he asked what the hell is happening. While she was totally flabbergasted at being in contact with his naked body. She closed her eyes, breathing hard, trying to absorb the feeling of his heart beating under her hand.

He looked at her ethereal face, eyes closed, lips slightly open, breathing heavily and smiled. Maybe she didn't trust him completely as of yet, but she sure as heck was attracted to him. His proximity made her heart go miles a minute and that thought made his do the same. He let go of her waist from one hand and lifted her chin up which forced her to open her eyes. As they looked into each other's eyes, he caressed the side of her jaw. She shivered at the sensation of his fingertips dancing on her face. Just as his hold on her waist tightened a bit and he tried to lean in they heard Feena's voice, "Bibiji aap kaha hai? Maine naashta set kar diya hai", and Murtasim groaned. Meerab composed herself and removed her hands from his chest. "Tum ready ho jao", she said softly and went out of the bathroom. She didn't know what was gonna conspire right then if Feena hadn't called, and she also wasn't sure if she was ready for it yet. But Murtasim seemed like he was taking quite some liberty after finally having her back again.

________

"Maryam said she doesn't want to get married to Naurez right now", she told Murtasim as they sat having brunch on the sofa in the lounge next to their room.