"Careful, captain."

Ran tightens his arm a little around Y/N's waist. He sighs, running the fingers of his free hand through her lavender hair, sending Izana a subtle signal that she belongs to him, before a carefree, playful smile appears on his lips. But, there's a subtle coldness that fills his gaze.

"Thanks, boss. You took the time to make sure 'my' girl came back safe and sound, and I really appreciate it."

Ran made sure to emphasize the word 'mine' and sound mocking in his words at the same time.

Ran's carefree attitude caught Rindou off guard, however, the younger Haitani didn't let it show outwardly, he still had his resting bitch face.

Izana's smile almost faltered however, the smug smile was still there, along with an irritated look. He waved his hand dismissively before following the same path he came with Y/N, he heard her sweet voice say 'bye' and then 'thanks, Izana'. But just before leaving, Izana takes one last look in her direction.

They don't see it, but there's a distorted smile on his lips.

Ran takes Y/N down a dimly lit corridor where there are some private rooms, they walk with Rindou following behind them

" Where are we going?"

Ran looked at her and offered a brief smile. He opened the door to one of the club's VIP rooms before he gently pushed it open, Rindou enters and closes the door without forgetting to lock it. In the room, lit by red neon lights, there was a wide leather sofa, a small bar next to it and in the center a stage with a pole dancing LEVIT

Ran took off the leather coat he was wearing throwing it casually on the sofa and sat down, patting his lap signaling for her to sit down, Y/N blushed earning a low sensual laugh from Ran.

As soon as she sat down, Ran wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her into his chest. Rindou sat next to Ran, looking between her and his brother.

The room was silent for a moment, and Y/N could feel both of their eyes on her.

"Show me the gift you got, honey."

She takes her bag and opens it, taking out the book. Ran takes the book from her hands and looks at the cover, he opens it and flips through a few pages.

"He was nice, he bought me a book that I mentioned to him when we last spoke."

"Cool? Really?"

Rindou snorts softly, his eyebrows furrowed in what is, undoubtedly an enraged sneer.

"Yes, Rin."

She grimaces, crossing her arms as she looks between the two of them. Y/N doesn't understand why they are so crazy.

"What's wrong with that? He's your boss, he just wanted to be nice to his gangmates' girlfriend."

Ran laughs, but the sound has no humor, it's practically a mockery.