Chapter 9: The City of Gold

Start from the beginning

Once everyone boarded Merry, reality settled in as Usopp and Chopper stood in front of the broken mast. Usopp broke the silence asking where the mast was. Chopper tried to explained that tried to save Merry from her attacker, but he kept burning the ship.

To (Y/N)'s surprise, Usopp asked the little deer boy if he was going to be okay. Chopper just shook his head yes quietly, still feeling responsible for the damage. Usopp just laughed off the damage and was glad Merry took on the burns instead of Chopper. (Y/N) smiled at the long nose boy, never seeing the caring side of him before. It was new to her, but she enjoyed her crew mate's actions.

(Y/N) attention turned to Chopper as he stood on top of Merry's railing. The reindeer shouting out at the alter, promising to become a more dependable man. His actions made (Y/N) giggle.

Luffy questioned Chopper on how the deer rid of the priest. Chopper explained that he used the whistle the Sky Knight gave them, crediting Gon Fall for fighting off the priest.

Chopper brought the some of the crew into Merry's main cabin where Gon Fall laid resting from his fight. "He's willing to sacrifice this much for us." Luffy squatted beside the knight. "Even though he gave us that whistle for free."

"If it wasn't for that sky knight, you guys probably wouldn't have a ship. And I'll be dead." Chopper added in.

Sanji said that he had questions for the knight, but he'll wait til the man wakes up. "I guess we have you to thank as well." The cook looked over at Pierre, who just saluted in response.

"The man saved our crew mate. We own him our lives." (Y/N) sat criss-cross besides Luffy. Everyone took a moment of silence, before Luffy started messing with the sky knight's beard. (Y/N) smacked the straw hat on the top of his head to get him to stop.

Changing the subject, and the gloomy mood, Sanji pointed out that the Going Merry has been abused and that the can not set sail in her state until they repaired her the next day. Meaning we will have to spend the night.

Nami, Sanji, Luffy and (Y/N) walked out of the main cabin one after another. Continuing his conversation, Sanji suggested we head over to land and make camp on shore for the night. Luffy questioned the cook, but Usopp jumped to his defense, "Because if we stay here and someone attacks us, the first one to take a beating is our ship." Sanji added in that it would be easier to fight from land and not an alter floating on cloud.

Luffy and Chopper excitedly jumped up and down as they cheered we since the crew would be camping. Usopp scolded the straw hat boy, "This isn't a party! We're in enemy territory! Calm down!" Luffy claimed he understood that what he wanted was not a party, but questioned the long nose, "Is a barbecue was a party?"

Short after the crew arrived on shore and set up camp for the night. Everyone sat around a giant campfire that warmed the afternoon. "These things are tasty!" Luffy shouted as he munched on a whole sky shark. Nami scoffed at the boy claiming he would eat dirt if they told him it was food. The ginger's comment made (Y/N) snicker as she sat on a root between Zoro and Sanji.

 The ginger's comment made (Y/N) snicker as she sat on a root between Zoro and Sanji